Best Posts in Thread: "MascFishing"

1. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I personally don't always perceive whether or not someone is masculine or feminine based on their interests. If someone like the Rock loved Beyonce and sang it in his car everyday on the way to work, I would still consider him masculine because his other mannerisms, talk/movement are still masculine. Likewise, I've met plenty of stereotypically feminine women who love football and basketball and follow it more closely than some men. I would still consider them feminine because their general mannerisms are still feminine. I'm not so caught up in how masculine a dude is as I was when I was younger, but the best way to figure out someone's mannerisms is to talk on the phone. You can easily figure out if someone is trying to mask a gay voice.

bisonboy, Jaa, Cyrus-Brooks and 4 others dapped this.
  2. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    This can act as a counterpoint of sorts to previously linked article Butching Up Online: A Dating Experiment in that the author notes but doesn't chastise the common preference for masculine men on dating apps. He actually says that, in a way, he may have catfished someone by only adding photos of himself doing traditionally masculine things (drinking beer, attending football games) while declining to add ones featuring fruity cocktails or his beloved tight jean shorts. Interesting to see someone note the masculine preference while not attacking its existence, and even admitting to possibly consciously manipulating his image in order to attract more attention.

You've Heard Of Catfishing — But What About #Mascfishing?

3. questforknowledge

Bae Material Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Yea this cracks me up how guys will make it seem like in their profile that they are masculine. I have gotten played several times lol. For me I would try to Skype with them or talk on the phone which gave me a better idea about this. But even then sometimes I got fooled lol. Too many guys do this because that's what desired in the community. It's unfortunate because it convinces some guys that they can't be themselves.

mojoreece, acessential, Jaa and 2 others dapped this.
  4. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I think the real is that a lot of gay men have murked the waters of what masculinity is. N Im over it. Being the least fem of ur crew now qualifies mofos to be 'the masc one'. Its like there's a new category called 'gay masculine' smh.

Jaa, Cyrus-Brooks, alton and 1 other person dapped this.