Best Posts in Thread: No Asians, no black people. Why do gay people tolerate blatant racism?

1. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I mean, I get it. I do. But I dislike how discussions on racism in the gay community always revolve around sex and attraction. It always involves men of color wanting to be desired by blonde hair, blue eyed Billy and Bobby. Like who cares? Why do we feel like we need to be desirable to white boys? Let's talk about real racism in the LGBT community. Like how a lot of resources for HIV/AIDS research amongst LGBT organizations dwindled once gay white men were no longer the largest victims of the epidemic. Despite the fact that gay black men are still infected at increasingly high rates. Or how the majority of hate crimes amongst LGBT people are people of color especially trans women of color. And yet organizations don't necesssarily reflect that. Those are real discussions of race and racism I want to have. Not whether or not Bobby likes black guys. Wanting to be desired by white men, in my opinion, just feeds into white supremacy.