Best Posts in Thread: Pregnant Trans-men?

1. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I think we're focused too much on what makes sense to us and what doesn't. It makes total sense to actual transgender people, so I'll leave it at that. They're not "doing too much." They're just being themselves. Mind you, these are socially constructed labels, so it's quite possible that we don't yet have the correct vocabulary to fully describe what's going on.

As far as confusion is concerned for the kids. Kids are a lot more open minded and understanding than adults. If they grow up with transgender parents, that's going to be their normal. They're not going to think their family is any different until somebody outside tells them. That's when they have to deal with society's ignorance. Not their own.

I think @Jai started to hit a good point. There are plenty of people who would never fully understand and are quite confused as to why a man would find another man sexually attractive. ("It doesn't make sense. They have the same parts. Why would they want to do that to each other?") All of that sounds ridiculous to us because we understand ourselves. Straight folks haven't experienced being gay so they don't get it. It's hard to understand something that exists outside of you.