Best Posts in Thread: Are Black People as a Whole Anti-Gay?

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    You know damn well most melanated peoples are anti-homosexual due to colonialism and the spread of Christianity. Is this really up for debate???

2. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I think some comments on here are missing the mark. When those on here are saying, "what about white people? other groups are this etc? most people are this, Most people are that?" I thought the topic of the thread and short comment was about Black people specifically.

So who cares about most of the world being anti-gay or if most Americans don't vote.

The statement was Black people as a WHOLE being anti-gay.

Of course many black folk are indifferent and I do think many of black people today are better at LGBT inclusivness than years and years ago. But if you were to place a chart up surveying a spectrum of black people, as many as possible, and different generations, I'm almost positive it would still read the vast majority as being anti-gay with the other side being indifferent and the smallest side being totally accepting.

Dont automatically think that just because your tolerated now for being gay that they still don't have anti-gay feelings and thoughts that they just don't share.

3. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Just being honest, majority of black plp are anti-gay. Even if they say their not, in the back of there heads they ARE. Because of slavery we're always in a state of trying to rebuild what we lost especially when talking about black masculinity and black manhood (lesbianism is a whole nother issue and double standard). Black male Gayness is always equated with demasculinization/non alpha maleness/non maleness.

Then you have the the whole black church monopoly thing (black moozlims included) and the abomination/damnation theology. Even if some of the tone and speech is "neutral", All historic black church denominations are against homosexuality. Just look at when same sex marriage passed all the black denominations were quick to release press statements stating that they don't support homosexuality.

Then comes the issue of being a minority within a minority. Most black men are straight so they really cant relate or seem to not want to understand a gay man being attracted to another man. They see us as an "wierd other" or "not being a real man". Top that with being black and gay.

Even in the dominated gay culture "upper middle class (male) whiteness" is always advertised as the gay norm. When gay marriage pass there was a total lack of media representation of gay black male couples (minority couples also). That only helps many black ppl see being gay as a "non-black thing". Add on the HOtep folk who see black male gayness as a disease created by white folk to destroy the "Black man and HIS Black family".

Lancer, Dante, MegamanX and 4 others dapped this.
  4. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I do not know why you liberals always seem to put this burden on Black people, haven't they suffered enough? I also find it funny how you talk about this but yet the Elephant in the room which we are ALL denying is those thousands upon thousands of deleted emails from the Hilary Clinton campaign.
    [​IMG]

OckyDub, Jdudre, Discordant and 2 others dapped this.
  5. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
  6. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Your account WILL NOT BE deactivated. If you were just some lurker I would say fuck you with no problem but you contribute, make valid point and passionately express your POV just like everybody else on the daily. However from time to time instead of just making your point and keep'n it moving, its like you internalized the responses as if the other members are your adversaries. You know these muthafuckers; you should know no one is trying to attack you personally. And if they are...fuck'em. WTF

And another damn thing....IF we all were at a bar together, this would be a run of the mill convo with no hurt feelings because we would be able to observe everyone's body language and see this shit is not serious.

*Note- the final below statement, I've directed to myself PLENTY of times when things have gotten heated in the boards.*

To use a hyper-toxic-masculine aggressive term (lol)..."man up"

7. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Yep and its called Black Hetero Supremacy

8. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I know for a lot of people their experiences are so limited that the only actual connection they have with LGBT people is what they consume through TV and Media. It's the same notion of people who are Islamaphobic or people who have racial animus. Some of the most afraid people are afraid of people they have never met or interact with in any meaningful way.

I also think the biggest homophobes, the ones that scream the loudest are usually the ones that are secretly that way and are projecting their hatred outwards.

I think by the certainty of numbers that white people are by far more anti-gay than any group. The radical evangelical Christian right spreads their theology like a virus not just in the United States but around the world.

9. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Last time I checked "Black People" are not a monolith and are derived from very many experiences. I think there need to be qualifiers of who exactly these black people are...is he referring to Black Evangelicals, Black Christians, Black Southerners, Black Northerners, Black Midwesterners, Africans, West Indes/Caribbeans, Black Americans in general, anytime anyone uses the words most or all, I am immediately skeptical. It would be much easier to say that most people are anti-gay that is a truer statement but it is also true that most people are not gay.