Best Posts in Thread: Serious Question About Other Black LGBT Blogs: Where Are Their Readers?

1. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Some of these sites have simply mastered the promotion that is required to sustain an ad-driven social media platform or blog. I think you have to also recognize that sex sells. People click Like or Subscribe to these sites because they are promoting sex, sexy bodies, etc. over quality content.

With that being said, I think consistency matters too. A lot of these sites produce lots of content on a consistent basis, no matter how trivial. This can be done a lot easier for gossip and pop culture blogs because they are tons of gutter-level shit out there. I think finding the right target market and producing consistent and high-quality content is a much better driver towards success. I had a friend who created the Well Fellow Blog which is a health and lifestyle blog for gay men but it is gear towards the white men so I don't come back to the site as much because the content is not written for me and my tribe.

2. Artistic Arsonist

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I took a look at Durtey, and yeah, that's odd. Their most popular post in the past few months is the story about the 14-yr old boy who was killed by his father for being gay, with 95 likes/reactions, 115 shares, and 25 comments. Still, that's nothing compared to the amount of people following the page. The website itself is even worse.

The best guesses I can come up with are: 1.) The readers don't care much for some of the lesser known stories. 2.) Some of the more popular stories are discussed over at The Shade Room, which is far more popular. 3) Bots.

As for Queerty, they have the benefit of a majority white audience, which trumps black audiences in numbers. VerySmartBrothas (this reason might be a reach) has a majority straight audience, so no fear of being outed if seen commenting, liking, and sharing. What both sites have over Aazah as websites, is that they're much simpler and easier to navigate. Queerty and VSB have 5 and 6 tabs, one of them being the latest/home tab. Aazah has 11. I think that's casting too wide a net. If I wanted a new game, I could go to Walmart, but I'd rather go to GameStop.

That's all I can say for them specifically, though. I don't know about any other Black Gay sites.