Best Posts in Thread: Guy suing Grindr for allowing discrimination against Asians

1. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Stop chasing white men and your life will be 10x better.

2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    upload_2018-7-10_21-24-34.png

Pretty much.

White men are not the benchmark. There are attractive men in every ethnicity. Why be worried about those people who are not into you in the first place. If you see "no X" and you're "X", block them and keep it moving. That way you don't have to see it.

Dante, thane, Krimsonic_ and 5 others dapped this.
  3. machoBLKnerd

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    many racial minorities who complain about these kinds of rejections clearly crave white acceptance and need to begin with some self reflection around their desire. i also think it's entirely possible to not want to watch disparaging statements about your cultural group normalized every where you turn.

on tv, dating apps, news, etc., asian men are depicted as asexual, unmasculine, undesirable, and awkwardly geekish. it's good that asians are pushing back. my jack'd filter leaves only black men in view, so i generally forget white men also use the app. still, i'd be disturbed to find out that a large number of profiles read "no blacks" even though i'm not interested in white men.

at the individual level, it makes perfect sense to recommend that asians stop desiring individuals who don't desire them. but this claim is really an indictment of grindr's cultural practices -- through its silence, the app cultivates an environment that normalizes anti-asian prejudice. that cannot be resolved simply by sticking to your own kind.

i just don't understand why it's so difficult for men to speak in the affirmative. i am attracted to [...] or i am looking for [...] just sounds more clear and humane than no [...].

#7 machoBLKnerd, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    thane, Krimsonic_, mojoreece and 3 others dapped this.
  4. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    That would be too easy....if he did that, then he would have to find something else to be offended about.

Dante, thane, mojoreece and 3 others dapped this.