Discussion in 'Comedy' started by Lancer, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:

#1 Lancer, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    LOL....so you saying its cultural?

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  3. Sean P

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I could be reading way too much in your various posts, but white guys seem to be your thing. Go for it! It doesn't seem like Brothas will ever measure up. Why torture yourself?

4. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Yeah. I feel like from what you've posted over time, you're trying to justify dating white men over black men and convince yourself and others that it's the right decision. If you feel that strongly, go for it. But we all know that there are no shit dudes of all races and confirmation bias is real. I'll take my black ass self and my black ass husband and know that through all the billshit and no shit dudes, two black men found each other. So it's possible if it's genuinely something you want. But for you, I don't think it is.

5. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I'm so glad yall said it before I had to - it's like the same post over again and I'm lowkey getting a bit offended lol

6. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I've had those moments where I asked myself, what is it about Black Gay Men that makes it so difficult dealing with them? Then after seeing so many of them in successful relationships despite the bullshit I perceived from them I started asking myself, what is it about ME that makes it so difficult to date these men?

I definitely go for the wrong type of dudes. Even when I see them I think to myself, "this dude has all the symptoms of not being shit.....Maybe this one will be different though." And sure enough, he proves to be lame (slow texting, lies, stood up on dates without notice, etc).

I say all that to say, the main problem I have is not Black men in general...my problem is the type of Black men I'm approaching and where I'm meeting them.

Clearly you've been on this site long enough to see that not all Black Gay men are as bad as you (and I) describe here on the site however we as individuals can tend to go for the same no-shit dudes subconsciously without even knowing it while the "good guys" get ignored.

If you were getting that much play from white dudes at that club, I'm sure you were getting play from the Black guys as well, but you only approached the Black guy that you thought was attractive. Maybe the Black guys who didn't 100% meet your physical aesthetic would have been more worthwhile hangs.

And like others have mentioned, there are plenty of no-shit dudes in all races and ethnicities. Both gay and straight. Tyler Perry, The CW and the Lifetime Network have built empires on telling stories of women dealing with no-shit men of all races.

You can either lump all of the no-shit men together with the good guys and say all Black men are hard to date, or you can keep kissing the frogs until you find the one that fits both your physical requirements and the companionship requirements....or you can just throw out your playbook and approach totally different types of Black men than you have in the past.

7. Lancer

Daps Received:

#7 Lancer, Jul 26, 2018
  8. Lancer

Daps Received:

#8 Lancer, Jul 26, 2018
  9. Lancer

Daps Received:

#9 Lancer, Jul 26, 2018
  10. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    #10 takeyourmeds91, Jul 26, 2018
  11. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Don't turn this into a Shade Thread, fellas.

[​IMG]

@Lancer You and I both do post a lot of "niggas ain't shit" comments...but when I say it, I think the Squad gets that I'm saying "Men Ain't Shit In General...But I Still Love How Ain't Shit They All Are."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But when you say it, it kinda comes off as "Black Men Ain't Shit...But This White-Puerto Rican Mixed Guy is Everything!"

[​IMG]

Nothing wrong with that, we all like what we like. And if we're all mistaken, might be something to keep in mind in the future if you don't wanna come off that way. But I will say that your love for the sexy fairer skinned menz def adds needed variety to the forums so don't stop altogether.

12. sydney

sydney Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    My problem with people is why in the hell you can't date who you want to date and just STHU?? Don't try to down your own race just to lift up another race. Why is it, it's only blacks you try to down there own race to justify dating another race? Many straight/gay love Asian Women/Men, but they don't try to down their own race to elevate Asian Women/Men. Why in the hell you can't date you want to date and just STFU like most other races do?????? You can tell that blacks are the most oppress race. We certainly portray it through our actions. When will we learn if we don't want our own race, then why in the hell should another race want us???? Essentially when you say you are not attracted to your your own race, even you are saying that you are not attracted to yourself, so why in the hell should another race should be attracted to you?? Hell even you, don't want you. There is a certain amount of pride in loving and being attracted to your own race. It shows a since of pride in you and where you come from and it shows people you value yourself. We as blacks have come a long ways since slavery and made so many strides within a small amount of time and we can't even realize it. We constantly have other races emulating us from lip fillers, ass fillers, hip-hop, rap, RnB and the damn list go on. Do you ever think if we are so bad, why are so many other races emulating us.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.