I Have Discovered FitMenCook and My Life May Have Changed

Discussion in 'Food and Diet' started by ControlledXaos, Dec 21, 2018.

1. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    We definitely eat with our eyes and these healthy foods are looking good. Like real good. Like...damn.

Look at this chicken @Rico @OckyDub !

[​IMG]

Quick Grilled Cajun Chicken Recipe - Fit Men Cook

[​IMG]

Quick Italian Balsamic Grilled Chicken Recipe - Fit Men Cook

[​IMG]

Chicken Couscous Recipe With Greens - Fit Men Cook

The browning looks awesome on all of them but what really pulled me in were these muffins

[​IMG]

Low Carb Cheddar Bacon Muffins Recipe - Fit Men Cook

And this lasagna

[​IMG]

Ultimate Low-Carb, Deep Dish Lasagna - Fit Men Cook

Lawd knows I love a good pasta dish and baked goods. And bacon. And cheese. And jalapenos.

So all of this is courtesy of Kevin Curry. I stumbled upon him via my Kindle when Amazon kindly suggested his Fit Men Cook cookbook.

Doesn’t hurt that he’s not bad to look at either.

Those tear drops tho!:

Oh, haaayyy:

Since he’s obviously been around the social media fitness sphere for a good minute, I must have been living under a rock because I’m totally brand new to this guy.

Kevin Curry on Instagram: “This morning was def fun! I joined THE @oprah and my partner @krogerco at Freestore Food Bank in Cincinnati to make 2000+ snack kits for…”

I think I”m going to go ahead and drop a few bucks for his app because this food looks really good. Most of my problems with eating healthy is getting out of that ‘plain and boring’ cycle, especially with chicken. Chicken can get really boring when it’s not fried. I don’t have an outdoor grill so that would be the other way I’d think to have a healthy chicken meal with flavor and not baked all the time or just simply sauteed.

Cyrus-Brooks, OckyDub, SB3 and 3 others dapped this.
  2. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    He is indeed amazing. Its nothing like a dude that can cook his ASS off. The best.....

Winston Smith and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  3. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    She be cooking her ass off...jokes aside, I've made a few of his recipes and it turned out good. He's definitely fits a much-needed niche.

4. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    Yeah this all lines up for me since I'm trying to cut out added sugar and snacking. But I need something to keep me sated and not reaching for snacks between meals.

That lasagna just speaks to me and I'm ready to listen.

Wiff my mouf.

5. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I’m not that great a cook; hoo boy could I tell you some of the missteps I’ve made with a stove lol, but I’ve gotten better. The BF actually likes my attempts though and like Fit Men Cook, I’ve been trying to cook-and-store for both of us (Meatza was an immediate hit when we started dating this summer @ControlledXaos :) ).

With the government shutdown coming I’ll probably be leaning heavily on lentils instead of meat for awhile ($1 a lb vs $3 - $4 a lb.). I’ve started learning to bake low/no carb goodies as a methadone step away from sweets:

Eat This Today, Feel Better Tomorrow: Dessert Edition! | Mark's Daily Apple

Paleo and keto taught me that we accepted a lot of falsehoods about meat and protein thanks to animal rights people and hippies from the 1960s, such as meat being harder to digest than fruits and veggies. If you cut out sugar, processed foods, both meats and veggies go through the GI quite well.

[​IMG]

takeyourmeds91 and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  6. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    Yeah I think sugar is a bigger issue for people than meat. Meat is great. Other mammals eat meat. We're fine. Other mammals are not eating deep fried butter and chocolate covered potato chips.

We're the only ones eating for pleasure and not survival on this planetm

Cyrus-Brooks, Winston Smith and SB3 dapped this.
  7. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    We’ve def spoken about Kevin many times before. That dude @cypher21 used to post his recipes. Glad you found him too. Kevin seems very humble and transparent. He often speaks about the depression that led to his fitness journey.

While great looking, I’m personally not a huge fan of his dishes since they don’t seem to take calorie count into consideration. He mostly seems focused on cleaning up poor diets, not weight loss. This is evident in his own physique. While much slimmer than he used to be, he’s def not in the typical YouTube/Instagram fitness model thirst trap shape. But I love that he provides a more attainable image for us average men.

Omega Level and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  8. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    Yeah he comes off more food-related than fitness and training minded.

9. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    I love Kevin Curry; I started following him during the early stages of his youtube channel(when he was...let's say.... on the thicker side of things). He has tapped into a niche and filled a void for the rest of us who want to eat healthy but don't find broccoli, boiled eggs, and struggle chicken everyday appealing. I also tried some of his recipes: loved making some of his breakfast burritos as well as portobello mushroom burgers!

cop his book y'all! support him! it's also a great addition to anyone's kitchen

10. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I cook on my own of course. I had been look for other things since I've been on this diet thing. Wasn't thinking of either going Mediterranean or Vegetarian.

ControlledXaos and Winston Smith dapped this.
  11. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    And that’s an important point: taste. Even when I was a vegetarian when younger I’d be the first one to tell people to stay away from most “health foods” (as white hippies and yuppies define the term) as most of those foods taste like shit. Wheatgrass? Kale? Fuck me! I usually took folks to Ethiopian or Indian buffets if they wanted to try vegetarian fare, as Americans turn eating healthy into a culinary hairshirt.

12. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I knew he had a paid app but didn't know he had a cookbook, def gonna get it. Always on the lookout for cookbooks from Black chefs but most of them don't lean to healthy recipes.

ControlledXaos and Winston Smith dapped this.
  13. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    Sooo, I literally just finished making the cajun Jambalaya and man, listen ... That shit is good! The smoked paprika really makes it. I only tasted it since I'm not really chowing down until lunch today but yeah... This is legit.

Low-Carb Keto Jambalaya Recipe / Jambalaya Baja…:

Winston Smith dapped this.
  14. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Wondering: do folk prefer traditional cookbooks or the Net, or no pref?

I was perusing my Aunt’s ancient Betty Crocker cook book over Xmas dinner that she got from my grandma as a wedding present 50 years ago, looking for ancient meat dishes based on @ControlledXaos influence. There is definitely something to food culture because that book was written like EVERY fucking meal was supposed to be an episode of Bewitched (boss comes over to see Darren, every man’s wearing a tie, cocktails naturally served without a mention, nothing short of lamb chops or finest veal cutlets will do even for impromptu meal).

I like recipes that include more than just the listing of ingredients, like the author put some thought in how it’s to be received/shared at dinner table.

Bonus: we found a couple of my grandmothers secret reicipes handwritten and hidden in the back cover of the book lol

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  15. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Dude, you always put out the best keto info lol. I always avoided jambalaya because of shellfish allergies but this format showed me how I can enjoy just by leaving out the shrimp. This weekend’s Friday Night date dinner!

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  16. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    I actually like cookbooks The tactile, physical part of them is nice. I love old cookbooks! Especially for cakes and pies.

Web/tv chefs provide good technique so you can see how it's done. For this jambalaya, I read the recipe once or twice then just played, paused, and replayed the video as I was cooking. Anything one pot is for me.

My time savers here would be to just buy fresh Cauliflower rice unless you just want to save money. It's 2.38 at Walmart versus .99 for a whole head. My new mandolin was fine but I Shredded it before heading to the gym and I didn't realize how ... Fragrant it can be left out on the counter. Also you could just buy the pre chopped fresh trinity vegetables too to save time.

I also doubled the recipe but used the same amount of real andouille sausage and shrimp the recipe called for so it's mostly chicken. I figured the andouille flavor would be worth the calorie tradeoff versus turkey sausage. I was gonna do half Quinoa and half Cauliflower but had enough of the vegetable that it wasn't necessary.

The flavor is really good on this. Like I can make this weekly or bi weekly and not get tired of it.

Nick Delmacy dapped this.