Best Posts in Thread: Christian Keyes Urges Gay Men To Stop Sliding In His DMs And Gets Roasted On Twitter

1. RolandG

Bae Material Squad Leader The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    I actually saw this when it was posted and Christian knew he would receive some sort of backlash as he stated he would before diving into his comment. I hate to even say that I understand where some of these gay people are coming from because a lot of it is ignorance. I have two straight brothers and neither of them harass or berate gay people in any capacity. They're both attractive and I've seen gay dudes be very disrespectful to them AFTER they've made it clear they're straight and uninterested in being approached in a romantic way by a man. One dude, at a bowling alley, actually had the nerve to call my oldest brother DL simply because my brother wouldn't flirt with him. It's as if some gay men can't accept the fact that there are STRAIGHT men who have zero interest in the sexual advances of gay men no matter how sexy the gay man is.

Second, what is wrong with Christian telling gay men that he's straight and that he finds it disturbing that they are leaving eggplant and water emojis in his comments on his social media? As a straight man, he doesn't want that type of material on HIS page and it's disturbing that gay men feel attacked simply for him requesting it. For him to make a video post about it, i'm sure there have been repeat offenders who have ignored his private requests to cease with that activity. As a gay man myself, I've been on the end of unrelenting ass and dick pics after I've said i'm uninterested. It's just plain disrespectful and gay dudes shouldn't get a pass for being gay. It's the equivalent of some gay men thinking it's ok to grab the genitalia of other men at parties as if that's not sexual assault. Now all of a sudden, the man is a homophobe despite the fact he has associated with gay people in Hollywood, played gay characters, participated in Tyler Perry plays etc. So now, you shouldn't play a gay character if you don't want to be sexually harassed by gay men repeatedly without prompting? Get the fuck outta here. So I guess straight actors will revert back to the good ole days of bypassing gay roles since gay dudes are too ignorant to separate an actors role from his real life.

Bottom line is some gay people refuse to respect other peoples boundaries. Social media makes some of us act like fools. We wouldn't do some of this to a person's face but it's ok to disrespect people online. Gay people don't understand that it's this type of stuff that builds resentment in the straight community. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

2. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Lol. “It’s time for America’s favorite game show, Celebrity Suspends Social Media Account After Hot Take! Gay community, come on down, you’re the next contestant!!”

I agree with @RolandG and @mojoreece but again, this is why, especially in social media age, celebrities need to have qualified agents and handlers etc to man their social media presence and stop treating PR like it’s a DIY project on HGTV. Not everyone is capable of dealing or speaking appropriately to their audience in a direct manner. Dude is just the victim of good intentions but bad execution.

3. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I get what christian was saying He said respect boundaries. :thinking:But then again he didn't ask women folk to do the same thing.

Him wanting to become a more mainstream actor as well as playing a gay character; i don't know if this is something I would have put out.
    :gucci:

U telling someone to not post something on the internet will not stop ppl from doing it anyway. Sometimes I think celebs should discuss the stuff they post with a publicist 1st.

#3 mojoreece, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019