Don Lemon Demands More from Kevin Hart for His Previous Homophobic Behavior

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Jan 5, 2019.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    At some point, the Black non-heterosexual community needs to come to terms with the fact that as long as Black folk cling to religion and are devout fake Christians, they will never care about nor value them. Wake Up. PROOF / FACTS – according to the Center for American Progress, 44 percent of homeless gay youth and 62 percent of homeless transgendered youth are black—despite the fact that black people comprise a mere 12 percent of the U.S. population.

Youth means CHILDREN under the age of 18.

Personally, I don’t demand shit from Kevin Hart nor his half ass non-apologies. Leave that man alone, respect his REAL feelings / opinions and believe people for who they are when they show and tell you.

[​IMG]

Ever since Kevin Hart bowed out from his upcoming gig as host of the Oscars, it might be a bit of an understatement to assess that the Academy has struggled to find his replacement.

As such, much like the ain’t shit boyfriend who comes home with roses and Sade tickets in tow, it appears that Kevin is attempting to leave his nights on the couch in the past and rekindle his romance with the Academy Awards.

[​IMG]
    And while Ellen Degeneres is all too willing to facilitate Kevin’s triumphant return to mainstream acceptance, CNN anchor Don Lemon is demanding a little more than an a half-ass apology and some deleted tweets.

On his news show “CNN Tonight”, Lemon spent his Friday night undressing Hart’s perceived victimhood in light of the immense backlash he received for his previous homophobic tweets, as well as taking Ellen to task for throwing on the cape and attempting to rescue Hart from himself.

“Someone like Kevin Hart, with one of the biggest megaphones in the entire world, he can be a leader […] He can help change homophobia in the black community, something Kevin’s old twitter jokes addressed but in the wrong way,” Lemon said.

And about that whole “Yo if my son comes home & try’s 2 play with my daughters doll house I’m going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice ‘stop that’s gay’” thing?

“That was a joke to Kevin. The truth is, that is a reality for many little boys in the United States […] Somewhere a black dad is beating his black son,” Lemon said. “Those views of the LGBT people in the black community have consequences.”

Lemon also called into question the lack of “any meaningful outreach to the LGBT community. Nothing that you have spoken on.” While later in the show, GLAAD president Sarah Kate Ellis co-signed Lemon’s sentiment—confirming that repeated invitations to Hart’s reps have been ignored, though they remain open to working with him in the future.

“For many in the gay community, especially in the black community, the Twitter apologies on ‘Ellen’ have fallen flat,” Lemon said. We would go on to dismiss Hart’s appearance on Ellen as self-serving and “insincere”, as well as Kevin “somehow turns himself into a victim instead of acknowledging the real victims of violent and sometimes deadly homophobia.”

On “Ellen”, Hart dismissed the nearly decade-old tweets as nothing new, “It’s 10 years old. This is stuff I’ve addressed. I’ve talked about this. This isn’t new. I’ve addressed it. I’ve apologized for it.”

Well, sure. He’s addressed it. But apologies? Genuine contrition? As Vulture proved in a hunt for exactly that, good luck finding any.

The CNN host also offered some startling statistics: That according to the Center for American Progress, 44 percent of homeless gay youth and 62 percent of homeless transgendered youth are black—despite the fact that black people comprise a mere 12 percent of the U.S. population.

https://www.theroot.com/an-apology-on-ellen-was-cute-but-don-lemon-demands-mor-1831517052

Read the whole post here.

#1 OckyDub, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I agree with Don Lemon. Hart is trash. I don't want or need an apology from him. But I agree with anyone disputing the BS false narrative that he already apologized for all of his homophobic comments in the past.

3. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    And any and all gay men are trash for giving Hart a pass for this.

OckyDub and Lancer dapped this.
  4. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Don Lemon makes a number of good points. In Chicago, we have a large number of homeless black and Latino LGBT youth from the South and West neighborhoods who come to the Wrigleyville “Boystown” area after being rejected by their Baptist or Catholic holy roller families, only to be used, abused, or ignored by white gay and lesbian types like DeGeneres. White privileged gays like Ellen will always chose class and race over social justice for working class or minority’s LGBT. Her “defense” is not political just an entertainment elite standing up for another elite, like Elton John and the Pet Shop Boys trying to rehabilitate Eminem after his homophobic lyrics.

It’ll be interesting to see how his latest movie will do (even though it comes off like a racial/disability version of “My Fair Lady” or “Pygmalion”). Perhaps, her Hollywood cohorts used her as an emissary to save and salvage their cash-making box office minstrel

Celebrities always go to bat for creeps who are near and dear to themselves like Seinfeld protecting Michael Richards after the black audience incident or the number of celebs who knew what Harvey Weinstein was up to and condoned or joked about it (Seth MacFarlane) but said and did nothing until the #MeToo fires were too hot. Or R. Kelly lol...

OckyDub dapped this.
  5. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    In all this mess, I just want Black Gay folks to start having absolute love for themselves ONLY! These folks Ellen, Kevin Hart and 99% of Black men and women don't give a Shit about Black gay folks. PLEASE PLEASE STOP SUPPORTING THEM!!!. I have made it a priority to only support folks that support Black and minority Gay folks.

''
    At some point, the Black non-heterosexual community needs to come to terms with the fact that as long as Black folk cling to religion and are devout fake Christians, they will never care about nor value them. Wake Up.''
    [​IMG]

I-Stay-Woke, OckyDub and Winston Smith dapped this.
  6. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I have another question that I'm curious to hear from you all about.

If it was, indeed, true that he had previously apologized for his past remarks, would he then have been greenlit to host despite this most recent unearthing?

If no, at what point do we forgive people for past wrongs? Is it always one-and-done?

7. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    There are tons of cases where celebs messed up, quickly apologized and all was forgiven (examples are listed in the Vulture article linked in the original post).

This question is kind of the whole point made in the previous thread on this topic. If Hart had just apologized quickly and showed regret/remorse, the backlash likely would have been over and done quickly. Instead he chose to get indignant, defensive, deflective and (like the above article states) make HIMSELF the victim.

8. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Dude when I tell you, I just knew this was gonna be such a non-issue until the victim-hood and the lies began. Not just the lies but how everyone (including the media/news organizations) spread the lies that he had already apologized...I was done. This allowed Black people (gay and straight - my partner included) to defend Kevin because they assumed he already apologized.

I've already said on here multiple times that Black community at large and the LGBT / Glaad / Queer / Elite white gays are NOT your damn allies.

Winston Smith dapped this.
  9. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    This is why I have such a problem with the 'queer' label. It doesn't apply to me because I don't feel included into that mob that wants you to conform. Queer does not like masculine men. Feminine females are okay, because they are always idolized but males? Nope. You better swish, shashay, and talk with a lisp for them.

I am really over the whole thing.

Do I feel there is a point where people can be forgiven? Yes. I'll use Paula Deen as an example.

Because I could not possibly be surprised by a white person of a certain age having said anything negative about Black people at a certain period of time in public. We know they do it in private. We do it in private. Everyone is a little bit prejudiced and stereotype. She tried to apologize and keep it moving. She did that but I still think more wytppl got butt hurt over her than Black people. She's got a whole online channel now, her restaurants still have good food (I went after the debacle), and FoodTV still gives her credit on the recipes she has on their site today.

This is what I think will happen....he will reluctantly apologize again. The Oscar committee will table him and 3-10 years from now, barring any further scandals, he'll be asked to host again.

I never thought he was all that funny to begin with.

SB3, I-Stay-Woke, Winston Smith and 2 others dapped this.
  10. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    "At some point, the Black non-heterosexual community needs to come to terms with the fact that as long as Black folk cling to religion and are devout fake Christians, they will never care about nor value them. Wake Up."

ENOUGH SAID!

At least Nipsy Hussle and Yung Miami from the City Girls kept it real and made it clear that they meant what they said and was not going to apologize.

Black Comedians are going to mute themselves on social media. However, it will be business as usual in the stand up comedy events.

I-Stay-Woke and Winston Smith dapped this.
  11. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking