Best Posts in Thread: My 2018 Dating Review and Random Thoughts...

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]

I have talked a lot about my dating experiences in 2018, here
    When the 'Six Degree of Separation Theory' bites you in the a**. ,
    This class thing, has me thinking... ,
    Rapid Dudes ,
    Finance and Dating(with Black Gay Men) ,
    and here;
    Checkout FAIL!
    Oh, and the conclusion to the last one being I went back, got his number when we talked on the phone. Homeboy has a girlfriend and two toddlers. I was not about to insert myself in that mix and I am sure he could sense that from me. We agreed on just being friends and grab lunch sometime, but we both knew that will never happen.
    I was really exhausted with dating in 2018 and I feel 2019 isn't going to be any different with me already on my 4th L this week.
    [​IMG]
    Homeboy did not show up, switched off his phone and did not reply to my msg's. Mind you, this is an adult in his late 30's and is a waiter. SMH
    I did notice that 85% of my dates were blue collar workers, and they mostly had not much going for them however thought they were the shit! Let me say, I do not care about a guys income or socio-economic status just as long as he is a cool dude. I do have to revise my look/opinion on such guys and try to get other types of guys into the mix.
    [​IMG]

• Also, as some of you observe, I ALWAYS make the first move when it comes to guys. I think that's based on my looks, not classically handsome, my 'not in shape body' and Idgaf attitude about rejection. However, this year I want them to make the move on me. I know that's a long shot, but I am just exhausted of making the first move, trying to get the number, planning the dates/activities, bringing up conversation topics, and then it goes nowhere. That is ALL DONE this year!!!

• I noticed that I also approached a lot of DL and BI dudes, or attracted them. No more this year! I was coming back from a date, at an Art exhibition, with this Bi dude who was on his phone most of the time and on the way back, I asked him if he enjoyed it and he says 'Yeah, it was cool. Yo, this chic is in my DM's and I want to hook up with her but she is saying her friend also likes me, is it a set-up?' I was kinda taken aback, but shrugged it of my thinking at least he is talking about a girl he wants to fuck rather than another guy, so that's kinda ok'ish!?! #MyPoorStandards lol

• I am never getting back on the Apps. I personally feel I now notice guys around me more, than bringing out my phone every 15 min to see who is near me. Also I love the random conversations I have with dudes, we might not exchange #'s but its nice to talk and laugh over mutual interest.

• I need to work on my Attraction. I really like this post How Can I Be More Attractive? and plan on incorporating them into my life. I know I have a good/acquired sense of humor, decent smile and good people skills but I lack that certain 'je ne sais quoi' which I have to cultivate.
    • I find it uneasy now talking about anything that relates to money eg Job, with a dude during the initial periods of getting to know each other cos within a few weeks in they ask if they can hold/borrow some money. Nah, dude I am Unemployed lol

• No more church dudes. Once a dude says to me 'God Bless you' or 'Glory be to God'.[​IMG]
    • My attraction to really dark guys has been on overdrive. I do not know what it is, but they are like the #1 on my list before I consider any other shade.

• Speaking of dark guys Milan Christopher, is my kryptonite. Its the smile, his dark skin, shortness, the shaved head and those cakes!:diddydatazz:
    • I need to be more reserved and like build mystique around me. Maximum visibility, extremely limited accessibility kinda thing.
    • Last but not least, I need to listen more to my gut feeling. I might be feeling a guy but something in my gut, no matter how little, would not be right and I need to listen to it more. They have never turned out good when that gut feeling is there.
    For now that's it, I wish Folks have better dating luck than I do/did and for those of you in relationships you berra hold on to your man, cos the single dating battlefield is brutal and merciless out here. lol
    [​IMG]