Best Posts in Thread: QUESTION: Do Sexy Straight Men Go For Unattractive Mates More Than Gays?

1. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    -I can't w yalls stock photo choices lmao.

-I agree w @cypher21 Peele's lady is abt his speed. Neither of them are bad looking.

-I think these 3 attractive celebs get the most heat:
    Hardwick-.jpg
    jesse-willaims-wife-aryn-expecting-second-child.jpg
    o-HUGH-JACKMAN-WIFE-facebook.jpg

There are better pics of all 3 ladies out there, but these are some pics that had ppl rollin in their graves.

I don't necessarily think it's a general str8 thing. The majority of successful, str8, male 'catches' tend to have a bad chick on their arms.

I personally see the discrepancy more among the hood blatinos. If i had a nickel for every time...I think its mostly based on the fact that a more basic chick simply requires less than the 'Dashiki's n other chicks who are leaving the hood at some point.

As for the gays, I think theres a lack of reality sometimes. I dont knock the IG dudes who only wana date each other. If ur a 10 who only wants another 10, thats totally upto u. I think the bigger problem, (I can't remember what post it was in, but u brought this up somewhat recently @Nick Delmacy ) is gay men not being realistic about dating on/at their level. Its like, if u can survive being gay in this world, ima need u to be able to survive accepting that ur a 6, n a 10 MAY VERY WELL not be checking for u.

Thats not to say that it cant happen, but for some ppl, gays very included, physical attraction matters a lot. Some of us appreciate the other things brought to the table.

bpaisle, grownman, DreG and 4 others dapped this.
  2. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Maybe with two dudes the feeling is I workout or do whatever is needed to maintain a certain look,so I won't accept someone who doesn't.They need to be on my level.Especially with a guy who's more caught up in his looks and knows people will clamoring for him.He gets that idea that he's a prize and deserves another Adonis.Like,even if a straight dude is attractive,he's not looking for a chick to have abs and biceps,so there's already a different expectation there.A lot of straight guys (ones i know anyway) are often looking for a certain feature like a nice ass or something,so they'll take that and not really care about the rest.

3. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I mean, no shade to Peele because I like him, but she looks about his speed...did they expect a super model or something? I don't like when people criticize and critique others on such a subjective and personal thing as physical attraction! It doesn't matter if you think they're ugly or they could do better, unless you want them or something that's your problem and half the people I actually hear this kind of stuff from are (usually) average or below average themselves in my eyes, lol it's so frustrating!!

To answer your question, I think straight men do seem to care less about attractiveness, as gay men are known for being superficial..which is weird if you think about it because statistically they have much more options then we do and could really be pickier about who they're with but we have such a small dating pool as it is it actually doesn't make sense lol!

grownman, ControlledXaos, Jdudre and 3 others dapped this.
  4. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I feel I can put aside my my gay glasses to recognize attractive people regardless of their gender.

I see women all the time where I think she could have done better and vice versa. Hell that's a quarter of the fun when I watch House Hunters, Property Brothers etc, is looking at how people are coupled up and making judgements . Lol

bpaisle, OckyDub, Nick Delmacy and 2 others dapped this.
  5. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I think I see many visually equally yoked gay couples. Very rarely do I see it where the guy is straight up not attractive to me and the other a banger. I may find one more attractive than the other but I usually see close pairings here in Atlanta.

The exception being when it's an interracial couple. They usually are skewed.

I don't get into the "(more attractive dude) should be with me because I look better than his busted bf" because that goes into that territory where the more attractive dude wouldn't be checking for me anyway even if he wasn't with someone I think is busted or with a female or with a benefactor white guy. Nothing to get mad about.

As far as that goes, I know I'm not a 10 but I'm at least a solid 7 and probably a mid 8 minus some body fat, I just hate to get rejection by guys I know who's on my level and I'm usually into just round the way looking guys anyway.

grownman, bpaisle, alton and 2 others dapped this.