Best Posts in Thread: Black, Gay, And Dating Outside Our Race FT. Darren Young 1st Openly Gay WWE Superstar

1. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Not just environment where they receive support, but just plain old environment. We are all socialized around certain demographics of people, so it's natural to like what you are surrounded by. People should understand that. But that affinity doesn't have to be to the exclusion of others.

2. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I've legit talked to a black gay dude who says he has a "higher standard" for black men than white men. I don't agree with that at all and I think he has deeper issues, but at least he's open to dating black men.

I've heard a lot from black dudes who say they don't date other black men at all because it reminds them too much like dating themselves or a close relative. That sounds like a bullshit excuse because 1) You're assuming that all black people look so much alike that you couldn't find yourself attracted to one individually. And 2) I never hear this excuse amongst white gays. How many white gay boyfriend twins have we seen walking around?

At the end of day, do what you wanna do, but don't act like you don't have some internalized racial issues.

3. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    To be honest, Im glad they said it and put it out there. So when ppl are approaching them they know specifically what they like.

I do find Derrick's attraction very interesting cause I just could not wrap my head around it. Well at least he explained it and he's Happy. What ever floats their boat.
    :yeshrug:

:lupe1: but as I've said in a past post; sometimes its just the environments where they received the most love and support from. Most blk folk aint for the gay stuff. I just think the older white men offered him a gay support system.