Best Posts in Thread: Masc guys describe how much they face homophobia

1. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I've gotten disappointment from heterosexual women and loss of friendships (non-serious) from a very small number of hetero men when they find out about me.

From the women, it's always, "damn, you too cute" or "But why??" Like, miss, I don't know, it just happens to be what I like. Nobody asks you the reason behind your preference.

From the men, they just become distant.

Again, while I do understand they face their own challenges, I sometimes envy the more obvious gay men bc at least everyone already knows what to expect straight out the gate. It's an upfront, "either you fuck with me or you don't" type of situation.

alton, thane, BlackguyExecutive and 7 others dapped this.
  2. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    This is my experience,but for me I probably hear it from women more. They are a huge part of the "toxic masculinity problem".

I-Stay-Woke, Dean, Krimsonic_ and 3 others dapped this.
  3. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Yes, please masc-leaning Squad members.....do tell....
    :foxxxy:

I don't really blend in. I'm a soft male. I'm not hardcore masculine and I'm not fem. I still dress like a man, no high pitch voice or anything but I do enjoy wearing fitted clothes, showing off my shape but I'm confident. I get judged instantly. I've had folks tell me I need to try and bull up more to be a bigger man and I just give them the stank face.

Folks automatically assume I like dick and I don't care to be honest. If they ask me I just ask them why do they wanna know? I tend to get highly offended when someone asks my sexuality. Not because I'm ashamed but because it's none of their business and I'm not interested in them so they shouldn't worry about it. Whatever they decide then is on them.

I remember some old college colleagues had wanted to go out to dinner to talk. We weren't close but it was me, another guy, and two girls and their comments hinted at them trying to decide if I was gay or not.

It was really pissing me off. They'd mention things about stuff to see my response. I've legit like hated them ever since. Lol

I've had coworkers at my old job make a comment about it. I was mentioning to one of them that my cousin hates fem gays and another guy was like..does your cousin know you're gay too?
    :dafuq3: Who said I was gay? You looking at me and judging me based on stereotypical presentation but when someone does it to you...ya looking lost and crying discrimination.

I'd say I'm metro at best..but my masculinity overshadows anything fem about me. I don't like make-up, Beyonce or other popular Divas (I do like Janet Jackson to be fair.) to the point where I see them as idols, I don't watch or participate in any drama, Only time I wanna be a bitch is in the bed room....by bitch I mean submissive...though I could probably be a switch if I wanted to.
    :dead1: