Best Posts in Thread: Dating During A Pandemic

1. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I momentarily ghosted this guy for like a week and half. Finally hit him back yesterday. He felt it was weird how I told him I needed space from people. He said that now is probably the perfect time to get to know someone...

...while that might seem true on paper, the reality is that we are actually more connected than ever both through personal calls/text messaging/video chat and social media. Because the vast majority of people aren't super busy anymore, you're either on the side of being very bored and wanting to talk to anyone OR you're trying to hide from everyone because your social meter has run low.

I oscillate between both and I think my social battery has recharged lol.

Also, it's just not that much to talk about right now. After you've gotten over the initial excitement of telling each other about yourselves, it becomes, "so what you got going on today" lol.

It's a strange paradox and I'd be interested to see if anyone else's experience has been much different.

Franky, Infinite_loop, Dean and 2 others dapped this.
  2. Juan-Carlos

Juan-Carlos Opps are dealt with by a savage Thanos snap. HNY
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating, for me, is not a high priority at this time. I am managing work and other personal responsibilities are taking the lead in my life. I think physically going out dating, especially now, is socially irresponsible and selfish. I am not a stick in the mud and encourage getting to know someone virtually if it's worth your time and most importantly boredom shouldn't be the motivation. There are other options to make productive use of your time like organizing projects around the house, learn a new skill or language, and reading more books. If I had the time like that I would.

#2 Juan-Carlos, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    Infinite_loop, NewAfrikan, alton and 2 others dapped this.
  3. machoBLKnerd

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    i actually go into work more now than pre-Rona because i enjoy being there alone. my work schedule is about the same. sometimes more, sometimes less than normal.

i def plan to fuck much when things open up. no pun. so i'm app chattin' and thangs and cultivating situationships lol but i'd hardly call any of it dating.

i'm also getting a lot done: learning a new language, researching for ideas and decorators to make over my entire apt, and organizing/ deep spring cleaning. i'm really enjoying this down time.

#10 machoBLKnerd, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020