90 Day No Money Challenge

Discussion in 'Dating and Relationships' started by cypher21, Nov 16, 2015.

1. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    So I came across this IG post today and me and a friend had an interesting conversation about it lol. She wasn't having it at all, needless to say Lol. So replace the word female for male and let's talk!

image.jpeg

Would you? Lol l think 3 months is abit excessive especially when I was lurking around the comments and this one girl was like " Honestly it would take more than three months before he can even ask me out on a date, I need to background check" carl Really? More then three months just to go on a date? Part of getting to know someone is well is by spending time with them, so waiting that long is somewhat counterproductive in that incase. Anyway, I guess I personally wouldn't mind it too much, being a guy I don't expect people to pay my way for things anyway, and my personality wouldn't allow me to just sit back and have that happen so it wouldn't bother me but I want your opinions!

2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I think it would be weird to always split the check. After a couple of dates it should just be A gets dinner. B gets entertainment. Rules like this over complicates things.

Many women wanna be catered to but don't want to do any catering especially since all the good ones are in jail, not educated enough, have too many baby mamas, or on our team.

It's kind of hard far me to take women who want to be feminists only when it's convenient seriously.

3. cypher21

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yes especially that last statement! I feel like some women want all the benefits of chivalry and the like but none of the duties or at least they want to cut corners at certain points where they know if their man did that they wouldn't like it. Balance is the key! You should only expect as much as you actually put into it!

Cyrus-Brooks and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  4. Michael

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Derek Zulanders Center For Kids Who Cant Read Good
    Exactly! Don't give me that "You're a man! You're supposed to do this, this AND this!" nonsense when they want to catch an attitude when a man expects them to do certain things as well. They want the benefits of being equal, but not the responsibility that comes with it.

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  5. cypher21

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Lol we basically said the same thing at the same time! Haha!

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  6. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I have had women see me carrying a bunch of stuff and won't even open the glass door got me. Then when I'm struggling to get through with all of my stuff....

"oh let me..."

"No I got it."

By that time it's usually too late. You saw me 30 seconds ago.

Someone would take my feelings the wrong way saying I hate women which is nothing further from the truth. I just grew up around very independent women so these damsels in distress I'm not here for. I think a lady should at least try to cut the grass and bag the leaves once. Shit I've changed plenty of diapers, braided hair, and cooked dinner to expect as much.

Now if they are on that Steve Harvey 90 days of no chick a bow wow, I think a man not spending his dosh for 90 days should be expected.

7. bisonboy

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I don't think right now where i am in life i would mind it. A) it would force us to be creative on where we go because one may not be able to afford something the other is interested in B) no obligations come if I am paying for my own meal...

8. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Yeah it would be fine with me. I prefer to pay my own way for everything anyway. I think most guys naturally have that mentality but women are a little different.

9. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    That's feminists in general especially black feminists. Which is why I now tune out when black women start talking that feminist bullshit. Back to the original question I don't think this really applies to male + male relationships or dating. I've always split the cost with anyone I dated. I guess this 90 day rule came from the idea that women should make a man wait 90 days before "putting out." It would be interesting to see what would happen if so many didn't put out any money during the waiting period though. I suppose some men can get away with it(those with really good game or are physically attractive).