Best Posts in Thread: ABC’s 'What Would You Do' Comes to Atlanta, GA to Discuss HIV & Pray The Gay Away

1. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I agree about the narrative framing of black men in theory. Framing aside, at a certain point, I give up though on defending ig'nant assed nikkas in the name of checking white media. We live in an age where the average teenager on the street with a smartphone has more access to information and knowledge than all the greatest minds in human history from Archimedes to Einstein could ever hope for. So, I'm just through with those walking around willfully stupid on pamphlet-basics about HIV or still embracing "pray the gay away" fucking religious beliefs.

On a calmer note, sometimes the best way to deal with stupid shit is humor and satire. I wish there was a gay/bi version of Chapelle's Show. Every time I hear "pray the gay away," I think of the priest in The Exorcist and imagine some lisping demonic voice going, "Holy water?!? Chile, you bet' throw some mimosas on this bitch, it's Sunday, we having brunch up in this soul!"

#3 Winston Smith, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    DreG, Tyroc, ColumbusGuy and 1 other person dapped this.