Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was beautiful and romantic as hell...I am so proud of your growth, @African King. Live your best life! I aspire to be you!!

over-it, DC., DreG and 4 others dapped this.
  2. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Yesterday was not too bad as far as the weather especially during the afternoon and my date was off from working 3 days in a row so we did a cute movie date. I suggested two movies: 'Den of Thieves' and the Oscar-nominated film, 'Call Me By Your Name'. He chose Den of Thieves so we went with that and met up in the afternoon in town. Since he moved from out-of-state late last year to Atlanta, it was actually his first time going to the movies in ATL since moving down here. We got to the theater and went all the way to the back, which is what I usually prefer whenever I go to the movies. I was shocked that barely anyone was in the movie given that it seemed like it was heavily promoted but anyway we shared small talk during previews and even a bit throughout the movie. I noticed how we naturally leaned on each other during the movie which was nice. It really was cold inside the movie theater and I could literally feel him shivering then he zipped up his jacket and I put my arm around him. Then he leaned on me completely as I had my arm around him. I was like "YO! I'm the man!" LOL. But seriously I felt good spending time and space with the guy and I like the fact that he feels safe with me and he thanked me for keeping him warm.

After the movies, we just talked more and walked around town then I walked him back to his car and we talked some more there in the parking garage. We shared some more laughs and we both let our nerd show which was cool. I like that we appreciate that in each other because there's nothing wrong with being a nerd. We were about to wrap up then I suggested that he drive me back up from the parking garage to the shopping center and then we got in his car. This dude has a CLEAN luxury vehicle man and he works hard for it doing all those shifts in the medical field. I loved the black and red leather interior. It was so smooth like he is. Then after a little more talking, we both just leaned in and went for the kiss. It started off slow then I felt his tongue then I started using mine and it was amazing. When we finished he was like surprised and wondered who taught me how to kiss and I told him that it is innately a part of me since I'm a Scorpio! LOL. Mind you.... I've only kissed 3 people in my 28 years on this earth! Never kissed a woman before and the first guy I kissed was last year during Memorial Day Weekend after a big house party! Anyway, so we drove out of the parking garage then we talked even more and bonded off of music and I was surprised that he knows some of my favorite Nigerian musicians like WizKid for example. Before we went our separate ways, we kissed even more and I could tell he was feelin' me just like I'm feelin' him. We definitely already got plans for our third date next week and we're both looking forward to it. I just like that I can make him smile and laugh. He does the same for me. I definitely feel more confident as a black gay male since I have actively pursued dating this year in Atlanta.

It is interesting because at times I will be thinking like, "Wow am I really doing this?" I have a man in my arms here in the movie theatre and I am not afraid of what anyone else thinks about how we are interacting with each other in public. For me that speaks volumes because I can remember back to 2012/2013 when I was just finishing college and got more involved with Discreet City & Cypher Avenue. I was super paranoid but now I am definitely more confident. I know that while I've been on the dates, I've just told myself to enjoy the moment and live in the present. To not try and think about months or even years down the line with this particular man. He is a good man though from what I can see.

I do feel conflicted though because I remember when we had our first date and he talked about how he doesn't even want to remain in Atlanta long-term because he would really prefer to be in Dallas. I wondered if it was still worth it even dating him but I felt like it was and I should go along with it. We really are vibing. I also am conflicted because given my life situation over the last 2 months, without going into too much detail, I will more than likely be moving back to Houston within the next week or so. I have things that I need to get in order and Atlanta has proven difficult to do those things. I do hope to return to Atlanta later this year or no later than early next year. I really love the growth that I've experienced since being in Atlanta and I want to make it my home in the long run. At times, I've wondered if I'm leading him on knowing that more than likely I will be moving and I'm still dating him. I don't know but in the near future I will definitely know for sure if I will be moving out of Atlanta----temporarily hopefully.

@Nick Delmacy @OckyDub @SB3 @Sean P @DreG @acessential @takeyourmeds91 @NikR @Infinite_loop @ColumbusGuy @ControlledXaos @Michael @lyriq88 @Cyrus-Brooks @RolandG @Jai @Omega Level @Lean Lantern @Artistic Arsonist @Juan-Carlos @Ora Obi

Nicholan, mojoreece, Omega Level and 4 others dapped this.
  3. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I blame myself and @OckyDub more than anything...for as long as you've been coming to this website, if we haven't educated you on E. Lynn Harris' legacy and importance to modern black gay culture, then we've def failed in some ways. There would be no DL Chronicles or Black Gay Web Series without the work created by E. Lynn Harris and James Earl Hardy.

over-it, Nicholan, DC. and 3 others dapped this.
  4. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    @Nick Delmacy I like how you turned this into an e lynn harris thread. lol. i busted out laughin when u said the post read like one of his novels. I really did feel like curling up on the love seat, with a cup of tea and a blanket. lol.

but @African King, just go with the flow and enjoy yourself. Bumps in the road are inevitable, as much as we try to avoid them. Just pay attention, try to avoid accidents, amd enjoy the ride.

Now dont go breaking hearts in the process. Scorpios low key got that rep too. If ur gonna be leaving soon, go ahead and let dude know. Empathy goes a long way in any type of relationship.

#20 Sean, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    DC., mojoreece, Nigerian Prince and 2 others dapped this.
  5. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Why does this post read like an E. Lynn Harris novel?

[​IMG]

Nicholan, DC., DreG and 2 others dapped this.
  6. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I may need to start an E. Lynn Harris thread...

7. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    E.Lynn Harris was so major. He nurtured so many of us closeted dudes that attended the AUC in 96 thru 2000.

I would be on the Marta headed back to Clark Atlanta trying to hide the cover as I read Invisible Life. Only to discover other dudes on campus was reading it as well. LOL

8. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    It helped me learn that black gay men can be masculine and love other men vs the stereotypical images of then and now.

DC., Dean, Omega Level and 1 other person dapped this.