Aftermath November 2016

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Nov 19, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    While I agree with the spirit and passion, I don't agree with all her points but I don't think her or those who think like her care. Isn't this kinda how we got here in the first place?

2. BrentForays

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Single
    I was with her until she made that point about Bernie. That's the problem with democrats. Instead of voting on policy they vote on personality. If a black man can win the Presidency so can a Jewish man. Hillary was just a terrible candidate but some of these liberals can't admit it.

Winston Smith and OckyDub dapped this.
  3. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Agreed.

If they can't figure out why Obama is still at a record approval rating despite a Clinton loss, then the grassroots are going to have to forcibly sit down and remove the old guard...

4. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Muthafuckas forgot the Clintons of the 2008 campaign...I didn't which is why I voted for Bernie in the primaries. Yes because of politics and for the party, Obama had to make peace with this women but the fork has been stuck in. No more Clintons.

BrentForays and Winston Smith dapped this.
  5. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yeah, I think some of this was making peace but some of it was having age and the long view. Obama has lived under every president from Kennedy to himself. That's a lot of shit to witness, compared to a twenty-something who barely remembers 9/11 as a kid.

To sum it up, yep, a lot of people who voted for Trump are dumbass rednecks, but some of them ALSO voted for Obama---twice!! So, the portion that voted Trump AND Obama need to be addressed by the Democrats. I bet some white DNC elites are poo-pooing Keith Ellison as new DNC chair because they get the WRONG takeaway (as @BrentForays points out); that in order to win, they need to go full redneck retard (to paraphrase Robert Downey Jr.) in order to get those voters. No. As Obama points out in the article, you just need to TALK to people. Obama is biracial he gets it, he had to. Keith Ellison (and me growing up) is an African-American (and a Muslim to boot) in a predominantly white state yet still gets reelected. White Democrat elites are so contemptuous of common folk they just don't get it.

Obama Reckons with a Trump Presidency

And as much of a disaster that I think the next two years will be, I can be glad that Trump was at least a catalyst that hampered the Bush/Clinton dynasties (it remains to be seen if the dynasties are dead like Dracula with a stake, or just a zombie that wasn't fully dispatched). Pay attention to Trump's picks and these names from the Reagan first administration:

* David Stockman
    * James G. Watt
    * Clarence Pendleton
    * Donald Regan
    * Oliver North

Trump's presidency is going to be a re-run of Reagan's first term, which was a running disaster. That's MY long-view, as I was a woke kid when it was going down. I', seeing the exact same incompetent shit rehappening before my very eyes. Ideologues/outsiders that don't know shit vs. realists with statecraft experience under their belt. The mainstream GOP hated Trump, but truth be told, they hated Reagan too. The only thing that saved Reagan in his second term was acquiescence to mainstream Republicans. Reagan only got re-elected because the Dems, like they did with Hillary, picked someone who the elite whites claimed "deserved it" because it was "his time" (Mondale).

#5 Winston Smith, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    BrentForays dapped this.
  6. BrentForays

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm all for Keith Ellison being DNC chair. The key to winning the next election and the future is so obvious. Nominate a democrat that is:

1. Committed to getting money out of politics and ridding Washington of curruption.
    2. Argues for protectionism to keep as many good paying jobs in America as possible.
    3. Stands up and tells the American People that they have a right to Healthcare and Education that isn't for the profit motive and doesn't put them in crippling debt.
    4. Stands up and says the economic system is rigged and that everyone deserves a fair wage.
    5. Stands up for equal rights and protections for All people. Takes into account instutional racism, invests in marginalized communities, and reforms this evil a** criminal justice system.

If you have an intelligent candidate without a shady history that believes these things and says them with conviction. There's no amount of racism or sexism that would keep them from winning. I guarantee it.

#6 BrentForays, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    Winston Smith dapped this.
  7. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Brent, very good points.

I think I know what you mean by "protectionism," just wanted to be clear we're not talking about what Trump ran on, which is protectionism albeit with a distinctly white nationalism veneer. If he actually tries to go that route, it will be as much a disaster as the false "trade agreements" NAFTA, TPP, etc. I think there is a case to be made for a NON-racial economic nationalism, but there are no perfect systems. I do believe in ACTUAL free trade, but as I hasten to point out, NAFTA et al was never about free trade, NAFTA is managed trade through crony capitalistic politicians picking winners and losers based on lobbying, corruption and influence. NAFTA and TPP are the trade equivalents of "too big to fail" (i.e. corporate bailouts at the expense of the common folk).

8. BrentForays

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Single
    Oh no no no. I didn't mean that in the Donald Trump, Make America great Again, keep the immigrants out way. I probably should have used a another word lol.