Another Stephen King Adaptation Is Coming, This Time From the Writers of A Quiet Place

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by OckyDub, Jun 28, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I just read this short story a couple of weeks ago. Now that the Quite Place crew has signed on...I'm hype.

[​IMG]
    Another day, another Stephen King adaptation. This one has some extra juice, though, because it’s from the makers of Stranger Things and A Quiet Place.

Deadline reports 21 Laps (the team behind Stranger Things) and writers Scott Beck and Bryan Woods (who penned A Quiet Place) have teamed up to option King’s short story The Boogeyman for 20th Century Fox. The story, originally published in 1973, is about a man who loses several of his children to an evil presence that lives in the closet. It was popularized as part of King’s 1978 short collection, Night Shift.

By our count, The Boogeyman is roughly the 12th or so King story that’s currently being adapted for the big screen, in addition to several for TV. We can thank the $700 million global box office of It for that.

The Boogeyman has been made into several short films in the past (several of which you can currently watch on YouTube), all with King’s approval, but this is the first time it’ll be adapted as a feature for the big screen. And since it’s coming from two teams that obviously have a nose for the kind of chills and thrills audiences want, this one certainly feels like there’s a lot of terrifying potential.

#1 OckyDub, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Artistic Arsonist dapped this.
  2. Artistic Arsonist

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I haven't read the short story, nor have I seen "A Quiet Place", but I'm here for all horror/thriller movies. Lately, the genre seems to be on an upswing.