Anthony Mackie Said Something that Upset the Gays

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by OckyDub, Jun 21, 2021.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

“So many things are twisted and convoluted. There’s so many things that people latch on to with their own devices to make themselves relevant and rational. The idea of two guys being friends and loving each other in 2021 is a problem because of the exploitation of homosexuality. It used to be guys can be friends, we can hang out, and it was cool. You would always meet your friends at the bar, you know. You can’t do that anymore, because something as pure and beautiful as homosexuality has been exploited by people who are trying to rationalize themselves.”

“So something that’s always been very important to me is showing a sensitive masculine figure. There’s nothing more masculine than being a superhero and flying around and beating people up. But there’s nothing more sensitive than having emotional conversations and a kindred spirit friendship with someone that you care about and love.”

“Sam and Steve had a relationship where they admired, appreciated and loved each other. Bucky and Sam have a relationship where they learn how to accept, appreciate and love each other. You’d call it a bromance, but it’s literally just two guys who have each other’s backs.”

Anthony Mackie on Sam & Bucky's 'Bromance' on Falcon & Winter Soldier - Variety

Winston Smith, over-it and mojoreece dapped this.
  2. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Anthony Mackie is a good dude. I think a lot of people also forget that he played a gay character in that indie film from like 20 years ago, Brother to Brother. I remember watching it and just being happy that there was a black gay character portrayed on the screen.

I agree with his assessment. While it's easy to look at things through a queer or homoerotic lens, I definitely don't think that's the case with these two characters. Although it's fun to joke around with it. I actually want to see more carefree, sensitive straight male friends. Because to associate it automatically with homosexuality is just as detrimental. Men can love each other and be affectionate in a platonic way and have it not be sexual.

3. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm Demisexual so the only way for me to even consider liking a guy beyond anything further is to make a connection is emotionally/platonically and that's generally a rare thing for me.