Archaeologists unearth 2500 year-old penis statue used by cult

Discussion in 'Comedy' started by OckyDub, Oct 1, 2019.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I finally found a church I can attend...to bad its not been around in over 2500 yrs.

:lawd:

[​IMG]

A large stone penis that may have been used for sacrificial fertility rituals has been uncovered in Sweden.

The bizarre phallic statue has been linked to a Bronze Age fertility cult – and stands erect at nearly two-feet high.

Archaeologists uncovered it by accident while investigating a site earmarked for construction in Rollsbo, Sweden.

The hardy member was initially thought to be a paving stone but turned out to be a giant todger.

“When we excavated the rocks, we saw something that deviated from everything else. It was on the ground but had been raised in this past,” said archaeologist Gisela Ängeby, speaking to the Göteborgs-Posten.

Ängeby continued: “In archaeological contexts, however, one is careful to call it a phallus. It has a distinct phallus shape. I thought when I stumbled upon it that ‘oh my god, it can’t be true.'”

“I showed the picture to colleagues and there is no debate about it: it has a very penis-like shape.”

The penis statue was found alongside two burnt bones believed to have come from animals.

This small number of bones suggest that the site isn’t a burial ground.

However, archaeologists say that the bones and nearby stones surrounding the weathered willy indicate that it was a Bronze Age sacrificial site.

This may have involved slaughtering animals as part of fertility rituals.

“I believe that in connection with the erection, it was used to offer sacrifices, for example within the framework of a fertility cult,” said Ängeby.

According to experts, the stone may have been phallic-shaped naturally – but the design was later reinforced.

“Standing stones in the middle of stone paving are not uncommon. But just the way it is designed is a little special.”

“It is partially weather and then carved. And that’s how the shape has been reinforced.”