Best Posts in Thread: B. Smith’s Husband Responds to Criticism Over New Girlfriend Amid Wife's Alzheimer’s Battle

1. thane

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Man you right about dementia, you really can't know until you deal with it....You really got me with the truth of what you wrote.The thing I find most upsetting for those affect by the condition is a loss of human dignity and I suspect much of the outrage reaction spreads from this root. Like you said, if his friend had her own apartment it would seem more respectful of his wife and her condition.

2. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    When I first saw this story I already knew the initial backlash, specifically when I saw that his girlfriend was a white woman. So I had to look further into the story which also had a video attached in which everyone (with the exception of B. Smith) spoke about the situation, including their daughter.

After seeing the video, I 1000% agree with what he is doing and I actually find it very emotional and sweet as well as loving for ALL parties involved.

First of all, not only did he not leave his wife, but his girlfriend helps take care of her as well. They are a family. Secondly, their daughter agrees with it and is happy for her father.

You know what would be selfish as fuck? If you get fucked up in some way that your are totally incapable of being a proper spouse for your partner, so you think "well since I'm fucked up, you just better be fucked up with me." I feel that is what would be awful and selfish.

Its one thing if he left her and went out partying it up with a new girlfriend, but that's not what this is AT ALL. You can tell that man still loves the hell out of his wife and can see the pain in his face he has probably experienced for years. So the fact that he can get any ounce of joy and companionship from someone else (while still caring for his wife) is freakin remarkable.

Yes, one can say they could of kept it to themselves, not exactly sure what was the motivation to tell the story, but people that find fault in this story or think this man is being selfish should be ashamed of themselves.

mojoreece, SB3, OckyDub and 1 other person dapped this.