Best Posts in Thread: Being Bisexual

1. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I’m technically bi as I’m attracted to both women and men but preference for dudes and currently have a bf. I just go ahead say I’m gay because black people are as homophobic as many whites are racist and I’m also not ashamed of other people’s labels.

That is, whites used to have the “one drop rule” for black blood and racial ostracism. Black folk have a similar “one dick rule”, that is, a guy has one MSM experience “that nigga gay.” On the other (stupid) hand, sometimes telling black relatives and folk that you’re bi gives them that “well at aleast he’s only HALF wrong!” hope. I just say I’m gay...clears the room and gets unnecessary mother fuckers quickly outta my life.

And no, bi with a great reference for men is not a cop out. In the video below, that probably derailed Living Colour’s career in 1993, my first thought is I’d would most def fuck the tall, bald brother in the gold chain metal before I’d want to fuck the women in the video, who are also pretty hot. Thus preference, lol. Sadly, though they were trying to be progressive at the time, the lyrical clumsiness of the song “Bi” reflects how most black people see pangender/bisexuals/heteroflexibles/homoflexibles (i.e. sexually “greedy”)

2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I'm happily gay.

I would not be opposed to a Shawn Stinson at all but probably would only deal with that body type. I'm not going to be interested in an average bodied FtM. If I'm giving up real peen, I need a body to step up to compensate. IJS. I like the male body. I guess male presenting body as well. Muscles, chests, arms, shoulders... all that. I could deal with some taco underneath. However, FRFR, this would be for hook up purposes only. I don't think I'd want that full time if LTR is on the table.

Anyway, I support bisexual males. I think it is unfair that they get lumped into being 'gay' when that's not a full picture. Just like on Insecure, Jared gets lumped into 'gay' box, (a nice box to be in but if that's not you....) even though we only know of one situation where he experimented with the same sex. Women get a pass. I think white men even get a bi sexual pass. But black dudes? No.

I mean, we have rumors/allegations of Eddie Murphy, MACE etc with trans females. However, there's no real 'proof' and even if that's there was, the females in their lives seemed to have not minded or deal with or accept it. Maybe money makes things smooth over easier tho. lol

What grinds my gears is when a meme comes up with masculine presenting black men, you can set your watch to when a straight female will "What a waste, with all this good pussy out here, they want to be up on some dude." Knowing GOOD AND DAMNED WELL that if one of those dudes walked up to them 5 minutes later and tried to holler at them and said they were 'delivered' they would be like 'Nalwmgoodmane.' And even if they did, probably always second guessing anytime he hung out with his boys...

"Are they REALLY playing basketball? I know it only take 10 minutes to get from the gym to his house and it's 11. What he doing if he aint home yet?"

People are full of shit though.

No one believes that Andrew Caldwell has crossed over to heterosexuality but black straight women will still wish that the Gay Dads Kordale and Kaleb were actually straight because 'they too fine to be gay'.

So we recognize that sexuality is a spectrum but only when it is convenient for our desires.

3. Piye

Piye Lurker

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I am Black. I am Male. I am Masculine. I am Employed. There are certain labels I am comfortable having attached to me -- that I even embrace. As it relates to those used in a sexual context, not so much. One reason I reject sexuality labeling is that I believe these labels to be more useful to others than they are to me. It is Survival 101. Human nature seeks to compartmentalize others so that they can determine how they will respond to you: flee, fight or fuck. I understand it. Although I have principled reservation about assuming a sexuality label, doing so purely for discussion purposes is not difficult. I haven't lived this long for nothing. I actually know who I am. I am sexually attracted to both women and men. I have had male and female sexual partners. If I was cornered into choosing a sexual label, bisexual would be what most closely defines how I identify. I would not, if pressed, however object if someone were to brand me as pansexual since I would unreservedly smash Janet Mock and/or Shawn Stinson anytime anywhere.

Another reason I reject sexual labeling is while the hetero world accepts, even encourages female bisexuality, male bisexuality is scorned. After finding out, if your straight homies don't diss you altogether, weirdness is guaranteed. When he tells you to suck his dick after you roasted him, wait for it. He will immediately ackwardly declare "no homo". Females will just give you a side eye with a barely audible "um humh. His gay ass." Intolerance exists even within the LGBTQ community. Some will dismiss you as some kind of complicated algebraic equation that they don't know how or have time to try to solve. 2x -y = fuck it.

These are a few of the insights and lamentations of one bisexual man. But I'm not complaining. Like I said before, I know who I am and I like that dude. Even so, I continue to evolve. And with each iteration I level up. Hell, I may end up being all-sexual and get to sex aliens and shit. ET, what dat mouth do?

I'm definitely interested in which squad members also identify as bisexual. I look forward to reading your individual comments as well as receiving survey responses.

SB3, Franky, mojoreece and 2 others dapped this.