Black Millennials and Travel

Discussion in 'Travel and Vacation Destinations' started by acessential, Nov 19, 2015.

1. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    This is an interesting article and video about the increase in black millennials traveling. Especially abroad. I definitely encourage black people to travel internationally. There are so many amazing places around the world and so many people who don't know we exist outside of Africa.

Black Millennials Are Changing the Face of Travel

2. itsumoconfused

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm actually going to apply for a job to start pushing this, so this will be good news to read up on. Thanks a ton! :)

grownman dapped this.
  3. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I definitely want to do more international traveling, especially in the Caribbean, when I finish graduate school and get my bread up!

4. XisNotJupiter

XisNotJupiter Lurker

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Not looking
    happy to see those statistics. Ive always wanted to travel outside of the United States. One day.

grownman dapped this.
  5. scooter

scooter Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Traveling to London and South Africa really opened my eyes. Especially seeing how Westernized the continent of Africa is and how folks are willing to randomly talk to an American outside of the U.S. Truthfully, I want to explore Europe more like Paris, Rome, Netherlands etc.

DFW Brutha dapped this.
  6. TroyDonavon

Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Im glad i cam across this , because I'm plotting my move to where ever that may be , any suggestions on good city for black people to to thrive ?

RJ Jo and grownman dapped this.
  7. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    The only place I've travel out of this country is Ghana and Brakina Faso. It changes your world view get out of the country. Especially going to African and being an African American. I would like to go to other African countries like Nigeria, Senegal, Ethiopia, Egypt, and Equatorial Guinea. I also want to go to Spain, Italy, the Caribbean , Costa Rica and Brazil.

#7 mojoreece, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Sean P and grownman dapped this.
  8. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I also would love to go to Dubai, Casablanca, Morocco and Cuba now that their making it easier to travel there.

9. SesaWoSuban

SesaWoSuban Lurker

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I've only been to the Bahamas and Negril, Jamaica. Spent a week in Jamaica and I will never forget it.

grownman and SB3 dapped this.
  10. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    My ex n I half way triedd to get an employee to do a 3some in Montego bay..we were able to get him to sit down n have a drink w us on the clock. Still fb friends tho!

11. SesaWoSuban

SesaWoSuban Lurker

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I was too afraid. I downloaded text now or something and found some dudes that I wanted to chill with. They were too far away and I didn't want to travel alone. In hindsight, I should've brought them over. That's just a reason to go back. I spent a day in Montego bay. It was dope.

12. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    Im sooo not a 3some guy! I enjoyed dude 'lightening up' w us tho. I'm all the way here for Montego Bay!

13. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I may be a little biased here but I am a true believer in how travelling changes perspectives. That moment you board a plane and land in a foreign land and get your passport stamped, something changes.

[​IMG]

If I would have told my 15 year old self that I would end of having a job where I live in foreign countries for a living I would have thought who are you kidding. There are so many more opportunities for black Americans and People of Color to travel in some kind of representative capacity because there are simply not a lot of us doing it. Although things are beginning to change.

I remember the first time I prepared myself to live in a foreign country, I was 21 years old, I traveled to Switzerland (a very white country) and lived there for about 9 months. See my Throwback below. I was about 40 pounds lighter back in 2007 but the experience changed my life. I was all alone. I had only made one friend. I really didn't speak French or German well, I knew a decent amount of Italian but I decided that I needed to make it work.

Switzerland became a launching point for me. In that 9 month, I travelled through most of Europe and worked an internship at the US Mission to the United Nations in Geneva.

All in all, if you have an opportunity to get a passport and travel to a foreign land, DO IT!! Stepping into other people's worlds will surprisingly change the way you see your own world.

[​IMG]

SB3, Sean P and acessential dapped this.