Black woman receives racist temporary password from Utility Company

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Aug 2, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Yes I know I need (and am currently receiving) psychological help because I laughed my ass off at this. Po-lady. Why they do sista Conway like this?

[​IMG]

A Washington state utility company this week admitted that it sent a black customer the n-word when she requested a new temporary password to log into her account — but the company insists that it was a random fluke.

Local news station KIRO 7 reports that Erica Conway was shocked when she requested a temporary password and utility company Puget Sound Energy sent her back a password that read, “NiggaHHJ.”

:picard:

“It was like an emotional roller coaster,” said Conway, who is a longtime volunteer for the Seattle chapter of the NAACP. “Shock, disbelief, disgusted, angry. It was just yeah, even now I’m just kind of like I cannot believe this. I just can’t believe it.”

Conway tells KIRO 7 that this was the first time any of her passwords had spelled out actual words, as the other passwords were randomly generated letters and numbers.

Despite this, Puget Sound Energy said the racist password was not deliberately created and sent to Conway.

“These passwords are generated automatically so they go straight from the system straight to the customers,” said PSE spokeswoman Janet Kim. “So, it’s not able to be accessed by an employee.”

Nonetheless, she apologized to Conway for the hurt caused by the accident.

“This was offensive, there was no question about that, we apologize to this customer, the community, for what has happened, and we are trying to do what we can to make it right,” she said.
    sasmith

2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I mean... Rarely are temp passwords set by real people these days. They are usually auto generated. If a temp password is set by humans, 9 times out of 10 they are required to change it after the first use.

Honest computer mistake. I would not have called the news about it though.

3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    then I couldn't have made this thread
    :steviej:

Sean P, Boaxy, Winston Smith and 2 others dapped this.
  4. thane

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I knew teacher once who many considered a total prude and a bit crazy, a view I shared, her county assigned password: "69dildo"
    I was pretty sure at the time it was random and probably a coincidence but I wonder.......

#4 thane, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    Boaxy dapped this.
  5. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Lol Alright bruh I was a good enough statistics student to know that, yes, it was possible for that word to be randomly generated but I’m still calling bs on this company.

“It was an honest mistake, like that time when our system randomly generated the characters GODHATESFAGS for that guy from Fire Island. It just happened...”
    :heh:

I-Stay-Woke and Boaxy dapped this.
  6. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Pudget Sound Energy has horrible customer service. I hate them so much and I am not surprised.

This seems way too specific to be a random machine-generated password lol

7. Sean P

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    This is a "crime" of opportunity. I pay my PSE bill directly from my Bank of America account. MFs don't even have the chance to call me out my name! lol

Then again, I also have a super white sounding name so I am totally incognegro...

#7 Sean P, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Winston Smith dapped this.