Bobby Brown, "Whitney Was Bi, With Robyn Crawford"

Discussion in 'Music and Podcasts' started by OckyDub, Jun 8, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]
    A longtime rumor about the pop superstar is confirmed by her ex-husband.
    Whitney Houston — one of the biggest stars of the late 20th-century — was bisexual and in a longtime relationship with her assistant Robyn Crawford, according to her ex-husband, singer Bobby Brown.

The relevation was made in Brown's new memoir, Every Little Step, and reported in US Weekly. In 2000, Houston told Out that she was not gay or bisexual:

“I suppose [the gay rumors] comes from knowing people…who are. I don’t care who you sleep with. If I’m your friend, I’m your friend. I have friends who are in the community. And I’m sure that in my days of bein’ out, hanging with my friends, having nothing but females around me, something’s gotta be wrong with that.”

“Listen, I took a lot of grief for shit that wasn’t me, OK, ‘cause I had friends, ‘cause I was close to people,” she says, eyes blazing and hands waving. “But that ain’t me. I know what I am. I’m a mother. I’m a woman. I’m heterosexual. Period.”

Brown surmises that part of Houston's reason for remaining in the closet was her religious mother, singer Cissy Houston. After her daughter's death from a drug overdose in February 2012, the elder Houston told Oprah Winfrey she would not condone her daughter being in a same-sex relationship (see below) and has contended that Whitney and Crawford were just "good friends."

Brown believes the pressure Houston felt to cut Crawford from her life directly led to the singer's death.

“I really feel that if Robyn was accepted into Whitney’s life, Whitney would still be alive today,” Brown says. “She didn’t have close friends with her anymore.”

Crawford is openly gay and has children with her wife. She has never spoken publicly about her rumored relationship with Houston but did pen a touching tribute to Houston after her death that appeared in Esquire.

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  2. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I had a vocal coach as a teenager that told me about Whitney having a same-sex relationship for the long-term. I didn't believe him. But yeah the vocal coach did work in the music industry so it makes sense especially because the industry is so small.

3. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I feel some type of why about this. Like Whitney is not here to speak for herself or defend for herself. If Whitney never said she was a lesbian/bi/pan in public so why are you saying it now that shes gone. It means she did not want it to be revealed (if true) because it was her own private business. If it was true which I dont necessary believe what purpose is revealing this info? People can make up their own assumptions about ppl just cause ppl have gay friends does not make them gay also. If his book is a memoir the focus should be about the details of his life not her's. Let the deceased rest in peace please.

#3 mojoreece, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    SB3 and grownman dapped this.
  4. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    A LOT of straight women have messed around with a woman or women while married, specifically bc their pro-lesbian husband (or boyfriend if not married) wanted her to fulfill that straight man fantasy of two women together sexually. It is no surprise if it's true. However, the dirty laundry was probably ok doing any threesomes while they were married. Why does he think he is accomplishing anything? Shit, crack is a hell of a drug. Who knows? He probably sucked some dick for those ounces he snorted while she allegedly was carpet munching and licking.

#Messy #PlaceItInTheShredder

#4 Dante, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016