CA Podcast #63 - The “Light Skin vs Dark Skin” Episode

Discussion in 'Podcasts' started by Cypher-Avenue, May 9, 2017.

1. Cypher-Avenue

Site Founder

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]

Brehs, we present to you a new episode of the CYPHER AVENUE PODCAST where you’ll hear us give updates, engage in heated topic debates, interviewing interesting homosexual men of color and us verbally adding on to the articles posted on the website. The episodes will be available in four ways: You can listen to them on the site, watch on YouTube, download a MP3 version or subscribe to us on iTunes or YouTube for automatic updates!

In this podcast, Ocky Williams and Nick Delmacy discuss if Chiron in Moonlight was effeminate, would the film be as beloved by gay men (7:50), if Light Skin vs. Dark Skin colorism exists in the Black Gay Community (16:00), the notion of traveling just to hook-up with unknown or exotic, foreign men (37:10) and their experiences of “going limp” during sex (49:40).

MP3 VERSION:

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Read the whole post here.

jpo and eli94 dapped this.
  2. bisonboy

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Last year I took my first international trip that was with a group of gay men. I was hoping to have sex with one or two guys while there that I was feeling. However, it did not. I am not opposed to traveling and having sex while there as well, but to simply travel a far distance just for sex is not worth it, unless it is my mate. In reference to limp, mine I don't think I have had that issue necessarily, but more so not being able to bust.

#2 bisonboy, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
  3. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Quick story, when I was 21-22 I had relations with two British Airways flight attendants who were in town, they invited me to their hotel, we grabbed drinks, hooked up, and the next morning they order me a cab. We exchanged FB info and every so often, I would get a message that said, hey, I am going to be in town this evening, let's meet at the hotel. The main guy always stayed in the same room at the same hotel. This would go on for several years where we would meet up and hook up and reach out through social media every so often.

That first time was also my first time being with two men at the same time and spending the night and waking up the next day to take the walk of shame. Good shame.

SB3 and Omega Level dapped this.
  4. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Damn, thats hot man. They could of thrown in some flight benefits too tho. lol. Salute.... :salute:

SB3 dapped this.
  5. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Im honestly surprised to hear that @Nick Delmacy has such strong feelings w colorism w the blk gays. I mean, I never rly thought about it. If Im attracted to u, I'll shoot my shot, and u can give me the juice or nah, light or dark. But I guess if it's such an issue w str8s, then I guess it can cross lines.

*continuous bartender shade, for no reason, smh*

I guess Im just an advocate for AT LEAST getting a damn drink first. Granted, a person can send their rep at any moment, but it def makes things more comfortable if we can at least shoot the shyt for a few minutes b4 the sex alarm goes off.

Im lowkey paranoid too tho. On top of just not being attracted to the mofos...

Do they do masculine mail order husbands?

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  6. Fanon

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I will have to listen to this later, but I certainly hope that the ridiculous correlation between skin complexion and sex position (dark skin=top and light skin=bottom) is mentioned...?

7. Jeremy Carter Powell

Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    This podcast was great lol lol lol there wasn't too much discussion about the skin topic tho, but whatevs...I still fuck with this, heavily.

Dante and alton dapped this.
  8. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Nick is a man after my own heart. Even as a younger guy, I'm just not into extremely casual sex. I'd prefer some sort of build up; we meet in person/over social media, exchange a few flirtatious pleasantries, (like @SB3 said) grab a drink first, and then go from there.

In general, I appreciate the honesty in these discussions though. It's always encouraging to hear other people having similar experiences.

Sidenote: It's something wrong with @Ockydub. That man stoopid lmao

Nick Delmacy, Nigerian Prince and SB3 dapped this.
  9. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    When you use to think Ocky was dark skinned and Nick was light skinned.

Dante dapped this.
  10. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Sipping wine? Give it six more months of Trump, and you will be guzzling straight liquor(as will the rest of us). LOL 'masc pillow talk" Truth is, most older people don't look so good-getting old is a bitch. The concept of diminishing returns really kicks in. Nick needs Broderick Hunter to realize he is gay and wants Nick.

Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  11. jpo

jpo

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    First, it's good to have the two of you back on one cast again. Your individual casts have a different feel (and we need a new one from @Ockydub!). i like both formats.
    The Moonlight discussion was interesting, it's a good question but in this instance is irrelevant because the film is the film we saw. But in broader terms it may turn out to be a consideration for directors/writers who want to build on whatever momentum Moonlight may have created. I bet we will see soon.
    The travel discussion was great. I've traveled a lot and notice that when I travel with a gay friend or friends the experience tends to be different. When I travel alone, which lately I do much more, I tend not to spend much time hitting the gay spots than I do when I am with friends. Is one better than the other? Not really, they are just different trips.

Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  12. eli94

eli94 Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    [​IMG]

13. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Actually I don't, I really don't think too much about it unless someone brings up the topic for discussion.

alton dapped this.
  14. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yes there's something wrong with him and yes he is stoopid, lol

takeyourmeds91 dapped this.
  15. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Well...yeah. I thought that part was kind of 'implied' seeing as how that was the topic of conversation, and you verbalized a lot of feelings about it...

16. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I like this topic. Moonlight is sad...