CA Podcast #66 - The “Tall Bottoms Are Doing God's Work” Episode

Discussion in 'Podcasts' started by Cypher-Avenue, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Cypher-Avenue

Site Founder

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]

Brehs, we present to you a new episode of the CYPHER AVENUE PODCAST where you’ll hear us give updates, engage in heated topic debates, interviewing interesting homosexual men of color and us verbally adding on to the articles posted on the website. The episodes will be available in four ways: You can listen to them on the site, watch on YouTube, download a MP3 version or subscribe to us on iTunes or YouTube for automatic updates!

In this podcast, Ocky Williams and Nick Delmacy discuss changes to the Cypher Avenue website and forums, what they are binge watching, if they would survive as Black Gay Men in a Zombie Apocalypse, dating dealbreakers, spotting who the Tops & Bottoms are in gay couples based on height, the struggle of Tall Bottoms and many more topics!

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Omega Level dapped this.
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Regardless of how its said it will come off as shade or disrespect and it absolutely isn't... simply because its a masc / fem statement. There is absolutely nothing wrong with fem leaning Black gay men but looking at inthemeantimemen.org pics of their recent and past events, the overwhelming representations presented does seem to skew towards the fem and gay (drag) culture. Not sure how this can be perceived as masculine? Just my observation.

Dante dapped this.
  3. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    The Gay Voice is named Charleston and he says things like "straight acting" and "problematic" in every other paragraph.

4. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    And cis... don't forget cis....

5. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    And cishet.the first time I saw that word,my brain came to a complete halt.

6. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Well I had to look that up lol. What are we then...'cishom'...'cishomo'...'cisgay'..or 'cissexual gay men'? smh.

Not finished with the podcast yet.

Also...what is really wrong with the gay voice/accent?

Are people banned from using Appalachian hillbilly dialect to poke a little fun?

What about..

-Southern accents
    -New York accents
    -Boston accents
    -Redneck accents
    -California 'Valley Speak/Surfer dude' accents
    -Midwestern(think the movie 'Fargo') accents

What is so sacrosanct about gays that the stereotypical 'gay voice' can not be used every now and then? Hell it is not like it is not accurate for some gays-that is exactly what you hear and you could be repeating something word for word exactly how it was spoken by some 'extra' gay on the street that you overheard.

Why the self-censoring? I was just thinking about it when you guys started the 'no we can't do the gay voice'. I had thought the same thing, but then thought 'wait a minute...why not?'

*nevermind...listening more the gay voice is used more just sprinkled about the ensuing conversation.

#6 ColumbusGuy, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  7. eli94

eli94 Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    @Nick Delmacy bro where you at... i just wanna talk. did you really say a character was emasculated bc hes gay?
    bruh :snoop:

i wonder what the actors sexual orientation is.

8. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Have you seen the show? The character is introduced as a tough FBI agent then is IMMEDIATELY reduced to the "typical angry girlfriend" once it's revealed that he's gay and boyfriend to a more determined Caucasian FBI agent. He does no detective work, chases down no criminals...he's only there to mope and look sad about his boyfriend not being there for him. To me that emasculated a potentially good character and I def feel like that would not have been the case if his character was straight.

9. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Like @eli94 I was first wondering WTF when you said that. But since you put in this way, I completely agree.

I thought it was intriguing that he was gay and they were both FBI agents. But as the show progressed and I saw him with the long face every time being very emotional and I was turned off. Not as if gay men can't be emotional about their ex at all, its just in this case the white gay FBI agent was so strong and formidable. Almost even a little crazy. And that was intense and a great role. It would have been great if the black guy was just as intense.

Or if the roles were reversed. White guys get all the good parts. We wanna be crazy, passionate, and fuck a lead into co-operating with us too. Throw a brother a bone here. kobeb

Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  10. jpo

jpo
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Another creative podcast. Whether intended or not, the zombie theme was an interesting hook for discussing different and unrelated topics. I don't watch zombie stuff - childhood nightmares that I don't want to revisit. But @Nick Delmacy you are zombie zoomaster.

The part where you wondered whether you would survive essentially if others knew your identity was great. I don't recall but I think @OckyDub mentioned the first Survivor (another phenomenon I've checked out on) season where the gay dude becomes the hero/leader. So the question is whether faced with survival in a zombie onslaught people will overlook their prejudices is a good question. As I listened, listening as i drove among the Friday night idiots who are a different species of zombies, I thought, the answer is yes. But in the relative safety of my home I thought more about it and realized that the answer depends on the prejudice and the state of society. I mean @Nick Delmacy they might overlook your being gay and follow along, but would they overlook your essential blackness? And I thought about just eight years ago when we faced an onslaught of zombie financial institutions and zombie-wracked abandoned houses. We had a black hero, a leader who wanted to lead. But too many could not see past his essential blackness and follow.

Sorry for the belabored analogy. But it's your fault for sneaking in deep issues into a zombie discussion!

OckyDub and Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  11. machoBLKnerd

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    i love tall bottoms. i'm 6'4 and muscular so i dont mind tall statuesque dudes as long as it doesn't scream "gym queen" or "i'm over compensating". 6'0-6'4 is ideal, but mostly i get 5'9ers. i work in education. i spend most days feeling like a giant around all these small white women. i dont want that feeling w/ a date. for sex, i can go as low as 5'8, but if i'm gonna take you seriously, aka walk around w/ you in public, 5'11 tends to be my cutoff.