Chicago Police Raid Wrong Home During Birthday Party, Point Guns At Children

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Mar 27, 2019.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    This is just one reason why I'm happy Jussie Smollett only had to pay a $10k fine and his Rainbow Push community service hours were used and charges dropped....because of bullshit like this.

[​IMG]

Officers with the Chicago police department broke into a home with a battering ram and sledgehammer to bust an occupant for purportedly possessing ecstasy, reports local news outlet CBS Chicago. But as it turns out, their suspect had not lived there for 5 years, according to current occupants.

The family was celebrating a 4-year-olds birthday. “They were saying F words and stuff,” 7-year-old Samari Boswell, whose little brother’s party it was, said. “It was horrible.”

The family’s lawyer says the traumatizing experience resulted from police using bad warrants. He says it’s the fourth such case that he has handled, where cops burst into the wrong homes and pointed guns at innocent people, including kids.

“Then you see guns, you see guns pointing at us and it was like terrifying,” Kiqiana Jackson, who was also at the party, said.

The kids were playing “Duck, Duck, Goose.” Seconds later, officers were pointing their weapons at them.

“I thought they was going to shoot me, and my brother, and everybody else,” Samari told CBS.

The Chicago Police Department issued the following statement:

In all cases, CPD makes every effort to ensure the validity and accuracy of all information that is used to apply for and execute search warrants. Oftentimes this information comes from community sources and despite the vetting of material through a criminal court and the methodical process to authenticate addresses, errors can occur and we take them very seriously.

Krimsonic_ dapped this.