Closeted Rapper Finds His Truth in Web Series 'Single Record'

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by OckyDub, Jan 31, 2019.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]
    We’ve seen the story of the DL closeted rapper finding love, not know how to deal with it, subsequently being outed and then dealing with the consequences; similarly in The LA Complex and Empire.

Filmmaker Nelson “Moses” Lassiter adds his creative perspective to rehash this plot with his six part series Single Record. Lassiter also stars as the main character Aaron Hunter. Check out the trailer below.

Single Record:

Single Record addresses homophobia in the hip hop community. But more importantly addresses what could happen to a person when they feel alone and isolated while uncovering this truth. The main character finds himself grappling with who he is vs. what the industry wants him to be and sometimes the people closest to him are unaware of the warning signs of something potentially tragic.

In an interview with Huff Post, the filmmaker stated:

“As a filmmaker and songwriter, I wanted to use my point of view to tell a story that many people can connect with, whether they are LGBTQ or not,” Lassiter said. Noting that Aaron “finds himself grappling with who he is versus what the industry wants him to be,” he added, “The show addresses what could happen to a person when they feel alone and isolated while uncovering [their] truth.”

Single Record is currently streaming for free on Revry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Read the whole post here.

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  2. over-it

over-it Only the REAL

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Looks interesting. I'll check it out

3. blackzw

blackzw Lurker

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Single
    its alright...

4. over-it

over-it Only the REAL

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Overall, it was cool. I found myself being drawn to the manager of the main character. He was one of the better male actors and somewhat more believable than than Aaron's character. Recasting the two leads/love interests from the record label would make this a much more believable project.