Confidence Is Key

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Nigerian Prince, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    This was written off the top like Jay-Z in the recording booth (since I can't sleep):

I remember growing up in from kindergarten to about halfway through high school and I remember how I was painfully shy I was. I would barely talk and I always felt like the awkward and nerdy black guy. It was not until I was coming to the latter part of 10th grade that I began to speak up a bit more and feel a bit more confident. I got more attention from some of the popular kids and even for just being in choir and singing the bass parts got me a little bit of glory. I remember when girls began laying their eyes on me and saying that I was looking more and more like a man as I was approaching the last few months of high school. Then came college and I was more confident than ever at least when it came to mapping out and accomplishing my professional aspirations. I remember how much my professional aspirations were tied to my self-worth. After graduating from college in 2012, I had some mishaps when it came to my professional aspirations over the next 5 years or so but it forced me to look in the mirror and acknowledge the personal transformation that needed to take place. Long story short, I see my confidence has grown over the last 2 or 3 years especially since I came out to my parents about my sexual orientation. I have made quite a few positive connections with the majority of them being gay or bisexual men of African descent. I have grown a lot but I feel like there is still more to do...especially when it comes to dating. I would say over the last year that I have gotten much more comfortable approaching guys and striking up conversations. People would be surprised and say things like how could I have any insecurities with how I look but I never really made looks a huge deal really. I always focused on my studies but then I realized when I looked in the mirror mostly in my mid-20s that I am not only smart but also handsome :). I do not consider myself vain by any means but I think it is important that we all find that thing in us that we can embrace that makes us unique and put confidence behind it and we can get anything we want in life.

How did you guys develop more confidence over the years in your lives? When it came to accomplishing professional aspirations? When it came to achieving personal goals? When it comes to dating and relationships?

itsumoconfused and acessential dapped this.