Best Posts in Thread: Cory Booker Runs for President

1. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Perhaps having more minority people running will make people actually look into who they are voting for besides their skin color. Unfortunately racism will play a huge role in the elections.

2. machoBLKnerd

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    booker is my former mayor and while thick, light skin jawns hold a special place in my heart, he gets a hard pass from me on this run. i'd still hit it though lol

years ago, he did this whole "let me live in the projects on welfare and document it on social media, so white ppl can see poverty up close" thing that turned my stomach. white ppl LOVED him as a local politician more than the city's actual residents. he represented a more palatable blk politic they could get behind. blk, but not too blk: fair skinned, non-threatening, attractive, smiled often, charasmatic, centrist and ivy educated. his charm helped them live out savior fantasies about the inner city. he made outsiders feel a part of a feel good mission. he focused primarily on improving dwtwn as well as raising and rebranding the city's profile as a business and transportation hub. it worked, attracting audible, panasonic, etc, yet the neighborhoods never quite felt his impact as much as corporate business leaders.

many anticipated his eventual run after his rousing speech at the dnc in 2012. he gave ppl an obama-esque feel. as a mayor, he even appeared on oprah with zuckerberg to announce a bipartisan effort to improve the city's schools that was slated to be a national model for ed reform. instead, "improvement" silenced community input, resulting in student sit-ins and walkouts and community members rioting at monthly school board mtgs.

when he moved into his current role with a more national profile, his wall street and pharmaceutical ties made ppl question his authencity about justice and all the other watered down dr. king stuff he be talking. and as meghan pointed out in the clip, the grandstanding he did at confirmation hearings over the last two years made ppl further question his genuineness as he was clearly gearing up for this current moment. and wait til folks get a hold of this:

20190202_115733.jpg

Cory Booker invented a drug-dealer friend named T-bone who 'threatened his life' to boost his public appeal | Daily Mail Online

#13 machoBLKnerd, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  3. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    And also,Dr Willie Wilson. The Democrats tried to keep him off the bill,but I refuse to let him not be acknowledged here.