Best Posts in Thread: Dear Queer Black Activists: An Honest Letter About Desirability Politics Among Our Men

1. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Yeah, I was confused as shit with the article as well. I appreciate you sharing it tho.

When I read these kind of articles, I usually check out within a few sentences once I get what they are trying to say. Im done with dudes wanting to be accepted by everybody. I really don't care about fetishes, if someone likes light skin or dark skin, fem/masculine, etc. Who gives a fvck? They have the right to like and fetishsize who ever they want. I don't care if its coming from their "colonized" mind or what ever.

Get over men not wanting or desiring you because you are not their "look type" and focus on the men that accept you.

2. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I am always confused with this kind of think piece logic. Instead of narrating a story from a positive disposition these kinds of writers always resort to the negative. I feel like if these brothers focused their efforts on who wants them versus who doesn't then we all would be in a better place. I also think people need to broaden and expand their horizons for god sake, too many of these broken hearts close themselves off to men because they too are looking for something that is quite frankly unobtainable.

If you are looking for your masculine, intellectual, muscular, extra woke, brown skinned, no baggage, upfront. insta-handsome, prince charming...then boo boo you are likely going to be waiting a LONG TIME....

3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    My observation when reading this...

"Who talks like this in real life?"

"Did this muthafucka say his friends / associates differing opinions are making him suffer mentally?"

This comes off as pompous and pretentious.

4. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Right here. Right. Frigging. HERRRRR!!! Lol

I keep saying this to peeps. I'm busy becoming the person I wanna meet, date and settle down with. I think I'm getting there-midly hilarious, moderately charming, not too unfortunate-looking, getting better at cooking, cleans, has nice teeth, vers, open-minded, traveller, becoming established in a career while still growing and looking for more opportunities, values education, family, service and religious bonds... Still haven't found a truly complimentary dude- so far they've been damaged, unready, or remarkably self-serving or insecure. I don't think I'm making myself "unattainable" or putting myself on some pedastal. I'm simply being the best that I can be so that I can be taken home to meet the parental units with pride. I want dude to say, "Mom, this is NikR", with a big bright smile. I'm not looking for *me* just someone who compliments me. Maybe I'll meet one or two in DC. I'm not holding my breath tho- DC dudes are weird as fuuuuuuck.

So, all together now- be the person u wanna meet. At worst, you'll become a really great person and a leader in your community.

#15 NikR, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  5. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Ok so, the gist was that we should treat each other better? I agree. But if I missed the point, well, I'm mildly confused lol

6. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    That part!!! Well said, @takeyourmeds91

See when it comes to ''attractiveness'' and the men that are looked at as ''gods'' in the gay community or the most desirable , i.e. the men with great faces, amazing bodies, masculine, etc., it kills me when the overweight effeminate gay guy wants to date that most desirable gay guy. And then they get mad when that guy isn't interested in them.

To have a leg up, it would be wise to BECOME THE PERSON YOU WANT TO DATE!!! Once your on the same general level of the guy you find the most desirable, it would be much easier to obtain what you seek. Level up bro, level up.

7. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]