Dissecting Hotep Logic on Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Podcasts' started by OckyDub, Jun 20, 2017.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

In this podcast I question what appear to be two glaring opposing thoughts from the Pro-Black Conscious “Hotep” community as it relates to Black Male Homosexuality.

Check out my dissection and commentary below. As always, please share your feedback and subscribe to my channel.

Read the whole post here.

TreDaDon dapped this.
  2. TreDaDon

TreDaDon King To Be

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Great topic! If you accept the science that the water has been poisoned (evident by the may conclusive tests) & if you accept that it is a government led initiative (evident by the many conspiracy theories speaking to such) and if you believe that this is done to feminize the boys & cause premature development in the girls (again, as evident by the many theories) then you have to acknowledge that these feminized boys are not "at fault" for their homosexuality which means that there is a genetic basis for sexuality & it can be changed by nurture's influence. That would mean all the moral judgments & the stigma associated with SGL men & women would be misplaced & people couldn't make excuses for feeling morally superior to gays & lesbians. o more moral ground than the person who is in judgment of someone with a genetic variant of diabetes. They are not willing to even approach that paradigm for the most part. I don't understand how any intelligent, logical & sane person could look at your argument & not at least have some thoughts as to how their long held beliefs (or at least the ideas that they're most comfortable with) could have a million holes in it. And if Hoteps are thought to be more enlightened than the average person, wouldn't their thinking theoretically be more evolved as well? That could also mean that if chemical manipulation could make you a homosexual, some form of chemical manipulation should be able to reverse it & make you heterosexual. I haven't heard of that Kool-aid being served anywhere yet.

I-Stay-Woke, Winston Smith and OckyDub dapped this.
  3. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I find a lot of black millennials may not be aware of the history of black negritude/Pan-Africanist/black nationalism/Afrocentrism movements so a phrase like "Hotep" might seem strange. Therefore, the following response to Ock's great podcast:

[​IMG]

Off the top of my head, in addition to what Ock cites as the origin of the phrase, black cultural nationalist types saying "hotep" as a greeting, the term was popularized by the contemporaries of the Black Panthers (the real ones not the Marvel comics crap) and Ron Karenga types in the late 1960s/early 70s as a non-Arabic/secular alternative greeting to how black men in the Nation of Islam greet each other, and to distinguish hotels from the Islamic-Religious strain of black nationalism (which often saw Arabs and the Islam of Malcolm X as no different than European slave traders). If you were a cultural black nationalist, you might greet other black nationalists with "hotep" instead of "As Salaamu Alaikum" like Elijah Muhammad/Farrakhan people. I remember going to Afrocentric bookstores and confabs in the early 90s New Jack era as a young dude and hearing "hotep" as a greeting, as some of my friends were deep into that shit (I only dig the economic stuff, not the Africa medallions and Kinte cloth silk boxers lol)

[​IMG]

There's good and bad to that whole concept and it cuts across large swaths of black history (BLACK, as in worldwide, not just "African American") from the founding of Liberia and 19th Century black repatriation movements, to Booker T Washington, to Farrakhan and even Earth Wind & Fire's name and music in the 70s. The other part of the "Hotep" thing is it's related to the modern Afrocentric movement's faulty focus on Egyptology and East Africa, even though the OVERWHELMING majority of us black folk in America, Caribbean, and Soth America are genetically West African and have little to no Eastern African lineage (obviously, a few of us do like President Obama or Duke Fakir of the Four Tops). Some Afrocentric folk almost have a white supremacist hatred of anything WEST African, thus the emphasis on East Africa, ImHotep (Imhotep - Wikipedia), Egyptology and getting black students to speak Swahili (Kenyan) even though most of our ancestors from the Middle Passage spoke Yoruba, Bantu, or a host of other WEST African languages.

And like a lot of idiots in America, "Hoteps" take a little scientific nugget and run the hell away with it. Sometimes I want to punch the shit out of their asses like my man Buzz Aldrin did that white Apollo Moon Mission hoaxer. So, Ock is right about effects of not just environmental racism (there's a whole body of lit on that going back to at least the 1980s) but the effects of pollution and poor nutrition on genital and fetal through pubescent development, or "endocrine disruption" (Endocrine disruptor - Wikipedia). Scientists have noticed these effects in the shrinking genitalia of lizards, amphibians and other animals not just humans. Non-mainstream news organizations like Project Censored have covered stories like these for years (West Oakland: Pollution Hotspot and Environmental Racism - Validated Independent News)

@TreDaDon makes good points. In addition, I'd add that hoteps, being scientifically idiot morons like white Alex Jones types, take a little something they don't understand and run the fuck off with it. If endocrine disruption in the modern, heavily industrial, polluted, post-WW2 era was so much of a "government plot" like they say, why aren't the overwhelming number of millennial males, black or white, gay? Even with the very real pollutants and their effects, scientists aren't seeing any slowdown in black heterosexual fecundity/reproduction.

Sorry for the tldr, I'm worst BEFORE morning coffee not after. Ock was right to post from the Wayan Brothers as no black comedians know how to shoot down hoteps like they do. But this is my all time favorite hotep commentary from them

"My bacon smelling fine..."
    :franko1:

#3 Winston Smith, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    TreDaDon, BlackguyExecutive and OckyDub dapped this.
  4. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Ooooo this is gonna be good when I get a chance to sit down with it.

*Saves this space for later commentary*

TreDaDon dapped this.
  5. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I actually don't mind the concept of "Hotep-ness" but sometimes they really say and believe some stupid ass shit. The only way I could see this even being close to true is if there were a significantly larger proportion of black gay men to white gay men in the general population. And what about the black gay men who didn't grow up in black neighborhoods? They'll blame that on something else entirely.

What about this conspiracy on vaccines? Everybody gets vaccines. Next.

It's all hearsay. Until you give me something more conclusive to back up what you say, you will always look crazy. Like @Rico said, they are certainly negative outcomes and hormonal imbalances to poor nutrition. It's no secret black folks face this disparity but to say that is specifically the culprit in making black men gay? And girls mature faster?

I'm not even going to touch on how the logic is further flawed on making the black gay man out to be victim but then persecuting him as if he had a choice. I'm going to give you a handicap but then penalize you for it. FOH.

MegamanX, I-Stay-Woke and TreDaDon dapped this.