Best Posts in Thread: Does What a Man Drive Really Matter?

1. thane

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I have a long history of a junker/classic old car ownership. There was the $1,200 Volkswagen, my $500 dollar Volvo, $1,500 Mazda rotary. That Volvo was a beast and was one of the best cars i ever owned. Insurance was cheap an no car note was heaven something I can't say about my current chariot. Its weird because I would take off cross country on the drop of a dime in those old junkers without a thought and...no cell phones..man that was a different world. But no to me, cars are a device to get from A to B not a measure of anyone worth social, financial or otherwise.

SB3, mojoreece, OckyDub and 3 others dapped this.
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]
    While in my employer’s large lounge area, I had the displeasure of my casual tablet web surfing down time being disrupted by two trendy gay guys and a hag. Their animated conversation began with how “these ni@@as aint shit” and are “lame as fuk”. One gay dude began to loudly fill the other two in on a recent date by stating, “…girl let me tell yall about this lame ass ni@@a I had a date with this the other night.” Hmm, I was assuming that we were supposed to be in a professional environment where one should be aware of their surroundings and monitor their language but ok.

Before I could find my head phones in my backpack next to me I over heard him say, “girl he had the nerve to come pick me up in a Prius!? How you a grown ass man and you driving a lil-bitty-ole Prius? Bitch you need to have you a grown man car if you coming to my spot.”

[​IMG]

Then they all began to cackle at his statement…and here I thought only Texans and West Virginians hated Priuses?

I put my headphones on, waited another minute and removed myself from their aura of fuckeries. My exit didn’t stop me from trying to understand their sentiments.

I mean I know it’s a gender stereotype that women desire men with fancy cars due to its representation that they’re successful and therefore could be good providers. I also know gay culture stereotypes are grounded in femininity and mirror heterosexual women. Regardless, our country has survived a recession and many people are living check to check, how is what a man drive even relevant? Also how is a Prius “not a grown man’s” car? I thought gay liberals loved Priuses…maybe it’s a culturally thing…meaning white gays can see a Prius as a “grown man’s” car? Maybe in Black (GAY) culture if one is to have an echo-friendly electric car it must be a Tesla?

Personally, I’ve never gave a damn – while single or in a relationship – what car the other man was driving. For me I’ve always associated this as a feminine or materialistic trait that had nothing to do with the quality of the man. Just like me, he had a car he could afford or was comfortable with.

I know we’re currently in (and will be for the foreseeable future) a world society that is steeped in materialism and greed. Nonetheless, when it comes to LGBTQ (liberal) culture; how are we in a place where we’re accepting of men being secure and empowered enough to wear dresses but not accepting of a man being secure enough with his masculinity to drive a Prius?

[​IMG]

**Note: According to Latin experts, the plural form of Prius is Priuses and not Prii. **

#1 OckyDub, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    SB3, mojoreece, Winston Smith and 3 others dapped this.
  3. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    IDGAF what a man drives. I don't even care if he doesn't have a car. Lyft and Uber exist these days. I like men. I like sexy men. I like confident men with intellect.

Also, what does having a car have to do with him being a provider? Many of these dudes have cars and are still full of shit. Your coworkers for example might have decent cars the way they talk about quality and car life but then again...Look at the way they talk. Doesn't say much about their characters based on what they drive. Still immature and talking about folks like they are jr. high.

I usually don't care about what a man has (unless it's something contagious...lol).

Gay men are notorious for living beyond they means and are stunt queens. Lol.

I wonder how the gays in places like New York, Cali, and ATL really act when it comes to stuff?

When I was picking my vacation spot, ATL was not on the list...Take me to the beach so I can wear beach drawls

4. thane

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    MP, your comments reminded me of some of my deepest thoughts and shamed me. I feel compelled to clear my conscious, I cannot live a Lie. There is one case where a mans type of transportation could positively sway my judgment of him............................especially if Katana was the name of that beautiful four legged fury ridden by that blue hatted horseback.jpeg cowboy thar..................

5. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    :ufdup::pachah1: