Dr. Umar Johnson at The Breakfast Club on REVOLT discusses homosexuality

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Nigerian Prince, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Dr. Umar Johnson is known for his controversial views on multiculturalism and homosexuality. He states that gays and lesbians are not born the way they are. He believes that it is all psychological impact (from molestation for example) and environmental influences. He believes that gays are not born gay and that being gay is a choice... ummm yeah let me know when that is MY truth.

Go to the 21:18 mark and see what he has to say! It is about 7 to 10 minutes long what he has to say.

What are your thoughts? Get into the Cypher below!!!

2. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    His opinions abt gays are more bs, so its whatever. But more than anything, he's abt 100yrs behind the 8 ball on this 'blk folks coming together' stuff. That ship has unfortunately, sailed. Old blk money immediately distanced themselves from working class blks post slavery, and the separate lanes multiplied for generations, and now we have hoods across America where 8 yr olds have 22 yr old moms and 36 yr old grandmas, have never met a black professional adult, and we're wondering why so many of them are being diagnosed w behavioral problems. Stop playin

Cyrus-Brooks and Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  3. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Even though, I do not agree with every thing Dr. Johnson says, I think his idea of renovating a college into a school for black boys is a nice idea. From my short experience in working in education, the idea and implementation are to different things. I have not seen an outline to an allocation of resources. Where will the money go? Is there a budget? What will the curriculum the school be? Is the school public or private? Will the school be selective enrollment? Teaching black boys is not an easy task.

4. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Yeah I like his vision for the institutions. I am sure he has those outlines tucked away somewhere!

5. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux

Daps Received:
  6. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Words can't express how much I truly despise this individual. Every false, nasty, hateful, idea that religious people have been saying about gay people for centuries he says it. The only difference between Umar Johnson and a firebreathing baptist minister is Umar Johnson uses afrocentric, pop culture, pseudoscience, pseudopsychological, conspiracy nut, bullshit to verbally bash black gay people instead of religious dogma. He does a fine job whipping the already superstitious black community into a anti-gay homophobic frenzy. If you actually watch him talk about the subject of homosexuality he does it with such venomous glee. Then pretends it's not motivated by his own biases and hatred. I really hate this man, and I don't use the word hate lightly. He's one of the few people I actually wish would die a horrible death. That's how much I hate him.

#6 Cyrus-Brooks, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Jdudre, Discordant and OckyDub dapped this.
  7. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Wow that was powerful. I am glad you shared your story. I can appreciate what he wants to do for the black community but in no way do I agree with his views on homosexuality.

DreG dapped this.
  8. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    The sad part about this is that he's some people's therapist with this thinking...He contradicts himself all throughout this discussion. Gay people can't be born gay but Straight people can...okay. He keeps saying "they" classified homosexuality in the 70's as a mental illness...are "they" the same people he calls White Supremacists? Why take their word for it? Also, those same "experts" in the 70s thought interracial marriage was wrong and wanted segregation.

I was never touched as a child...my father loved me...and I never sought out father figures, especially not so much that it completely transformed my sexuality and attraction to the opposite sex.

I wonder if he opened his "School for Boys" if he would ban black gay kids from enrolling...You know what, I don't even care...He's full of hot air... :camby:

Jdudre, Dante, Cyrus-Brooks and 4 others dapped this.
  9. DreG

Daps Received:
    He probably would make homosexuality grounds for expulsion and I'm sure he'd have literature on site or even a part of the curriculum that explains how it's abnormal.

10. BlackOnyx1

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    with me being problack i respect him but i disagree with what he says about homosexuality completely because i was never touched, nor did the media and pop culture have anything to do what me being gay. i respect what he does for the black community and the idea for the school but my question is this what about the young black gay boys will he allow them at his school? if so will he try to brainwash them into thinking that gay is a choice? or will he let them be themselves?

11. NickAuzenneNOLA

The Great Debater The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Let's start by removing the title of Dr..... Umar doesn't have a doctorate of any kind and can't even be clear about what institutions he was educated at or worked for that would make him an authority on anything he inserts his opinons on. He is a fraud, ridiculous, misogynistic and homophobic so do we really care what this creature thinks albeit so many hetero folks do? The people that get their knowledge from hotep niggas are why we are so slow to grow as a people. It's mad frustrating.

12. BlackOnyx1

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    what exactly makes him a fraud? i am sure you can google him and see what institutions he studied at. but i don't agree with him when it comes to sexuality cause i feel that he along with many black folks are the reason why hetero and homo black people aren't united especially during times like this

13. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    LOL Oh I didn't know that he did not even have a doctorate. But I can respect the school idea but aside from all that, I am just not with ANYTHING he believes at all.

14. NickAuzenneNOLA

The Great Debater The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    His own website avoids mentioning anything about his education, when asked about where he was educated he talks around the subject and as suggested by another member if you do Google this dudes academic credentials there are no leads anywhere. The idea is he is a school psychologist, what school? Because you've issued IEPS doesn't make you a psychologist. He has a lot of bullshit on his name with bullshit views and I'm not personally supportive of anything he says or does even if it's a good idea because of who's behind it I know eventually it will be some bs.

15. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Wow he fooled me! Let's just see how this all plays out with his vision for the school and all that

NickAuzenneNOLA dapped this.
  16. DreG

Daps Received:
    This proves what I always say about people gravitating towards whatever validates their own bullshit.In this case,homophobes are backing this fake-ass doc.

Jdudre, Cyrus-Brooks and NickAuzenneNOLA dapped this.
  17. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    First off...never-mind...:nopekid:

18. Naturally10Me

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Yep that is a little suspect to me as well. While his efforts may be supported not all of his ideals I can't get with. When somebody expresses only what they know without being empathetic of what they don't understand, it leads to skewed thought processes. Of which he has. As I am wrapping up my MA and moving forward towards my Doctorates. Best believe that shit is going to be plastered everywhere...lol

Jdudre, LeMignon and NickAuzenneNOLA dapped this.
  19. Discordant

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I get so tired of hearing how people must be gay because they didn't have a father or they were molested. My dad was always around, showed me what it meant to be a man, and to take care of my family. My maternal grandfather was around and showed me the same thing. I was never molested or assaulted and still turned out gay. It's just life. But what I never understand from these people who use the "black men are gay because black fathers aren't around" narrative is how do other ethnic groups with statistically higher traditional parent make-ups have gay kids still?

20. hannibal

Most Comedic Player Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    My fraternity group had a long discussion on supporting this guy. The gays spoke up and surprisingly that idea has been taken off the table.

21. mojoreece

Daps Received:
    I believe Dr. Umar went to Millersville University of Pennsylvania '97 for undergrad in political science and masters (?) in psychology and has a PsyD from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2010. I think he has some other certifications for psychology and education. Here is an abstract for is dissertation (cant find a pdf copy though) "The Relationship between Self-Concept and Academic Achievement in Afri" by Umar R. Abdullah-Johnson
    Yeah I don't agree with his views on homosexuality. But the same could be said for Frances Cress Welsing. I wish there were more modern Afrocentric/pan African scholars that did not view homosexuality as anti-African.

22. Coragee

Coragee Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I was JUST about to say that he never had any receipts for his ALLEGED education. I won't lie, he kinda sucked me in when I was younger, but after his dated views in homosexuality reached my ears, I started to realize that a lot of what he said seemed suspect...yea... he gets on my nerves.

23. mysticalsoul

mysticalsoul Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Dr. Umar is a interesting. On one hand, I respect him on the pan african movement. Yes black people deserved to be literated at all costs and issues of blacks always get scooped under the rug when the movement consist of every other race included together. He got some points, I do have a huge respect on improving the black community. On the other hand, I disagree on his stance of homosexuality. Dont play the role of homosexuality as a disorder or a lust fiend looking for the next fix. You save that talk for the ignorance to talk that nonsense especially if you got the voice and everybody want to hear it. Should black gay men represent ourselves better? Or could we have more control on who we involving ourselves with to build a relationship without lust ignoring the current reality? We all can find improvement in these areas, including myself. Funny enough, that's a issue of relationships period hetero or homo. Dr. Umar sounds like them all on the homosexuality so i aint that offended about it. I think his stance on it is personal instead of consciousness on the bigger picture

Coragee and Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  24. mojoreece

Daps Received:
    Yeah I still wish that in 2015 there were more Pan African/ Afrocentric scholars and speakers that were more inclusive of all black people in the African diaspora even if there deem different. I get the old heads not getting it but Dr. Umar is young with a PsyD in psychology (allegedly). You would think some of his views would be some what progressive.

Nigerian Prince and Coragee dapped this.
  25. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I agree with you 1000%

Jdudre, OckyDub and Discordant dapped this.
  26. JasonAKMitchell

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    This nigga here...

I don't even like to use that word. I'm over his BS...first time I'm hearing about him, and the last I want to ever hear from him.

Cyrus-Brooks and OckyDub dapped this.
  27. Kouncelor

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Umar Johnson?!!
    1. Sorry, but if it is that difficult to verify your credentials, you don't have any.. at least any that are accredited by the commonly accepted accrediation agencies. I know a dude that did a correspondance course and is going aroung facebook calling himself a "PhD" and "Dr.". This guy is no different.
    2. While some of his idea may APPEAR great, we have to rememeber that his ideas will always be jaded by his very subjective views and misleading dogma and primary school theories

Notice I didn't refer to him using a prefix.

Dante and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  28. Michael

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Derek Zulanders Center For Kids Who Cant Read Good
    You know it is beyond frustrating when heterosexuals feel that they are the authority on homosexual subjects.

29. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Supposedly he's a doctor of psychology so people assume he's knows what he's talking about which makes him so dangerous. Nevermind the fact that APA disagrees with him on the subject of homosexuality. But he says that it's a grand white conspiracy of whites and homosexuals that caused the APA to stop classifying homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973 and that this it's part of an intricate plot to depopulate the world of black people. That's why I don't take Umar Johnson and most Pan-Africanists seriously. If you actually take the time to listen to most of them they make all sorts of wild conspiracy theories, propagate myths falsehoods, and revisionist history while ignoring actually African history. They're all talk. Most of them think they are going to live in some Marxist, black utopia where they get to decide which blacks are worthy enough to live and exterminate those who are deemed misfits or inferior. It's kinda like the black equivalent of Nazism.

Jdudre and Jaa dapped this.
  30. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    He is not pro black in anyway shape or form just because his black does not mean his pro black, just because he talks about "empowering" black people does not mean he is pro black. there are plenty of " black people" out there that could give a rats ass about black people.
    Him and his kind are nothing more then disgusting viale pieces of shit Who take advantage of the fear that is in the black community for there own selfish reason. :mad:

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.