Best Posts in Thread: Dude is Suspect

1. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Any dude that's over 30 who is handsome, in shape, doesn't have a wife, girlfriend, baby mama, kids, and is very secretive about his personal life. Sends up a red flag. Also dudes who are meticulous about what they wear, are always "fashion forward," and always well groomed are suspect to me.

#11 Cyrus-Brooks, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  2. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Lol Sailor Moon is the biggest red flag XD! (Joking I liked SM growing up too!) That's a great question, honestly like you I'd say mainly my interests or lack of certain interests. Not into sports and if you were to ask me my favorite artists I'd mention MC or Sade vs a rapper or some band although I enjoy all kinds of music. Really the one thing that has always made me stick out like a sore thumb is when guys (or females) talk about girls or ask me what I think of someone!!

Now I do find women attractive, I can tell when one is obviously but I'm just not good at being thirsty for one lol!

Straight Guy: "MAN she got a FAT A$$ don't she brah?!?"

Me:
    "OOh Yeaaah I-I suuure would hit that...mmhhmm"
    [​IMG]

#2 cypher21, Dec 14, 2015
    BrentForays, TheEdge, Phillips and 9 others dapped this.
  3. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Get a room, guys.

It goes down in the DM. Lol

JohnDoe, DreG, alton and 5 others dapped this.
  4. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I think it probably boils down to my interests - I like doing a lot of cultural things and frequent museums, underground music and art scenes and I like cooking, like really like cooking. I downloaded the ESPN app on my phone and review it daily so I can make small talk with some of my straight male colleagues and my boss.

5. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Music is always eyebrow raising...although I know it shouldn't be. In theory, a straight man should be able to appreciate a sexy female singer since their image is usually geared towards attracting them. However when I see men being super-fans of Beyonce, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, etc...It's Suspect...

This one handsome str8 dude on my Facebook timeline was posting A LOT about the last Brandy album when it came out...I suspected he was gay...So I started liking random comments on his page to get his attention...Sure enough, soon after, I got a message in my inbox for small talk, eventually he said he had a crush on me and asked if I was offended by that (yeah, I know). Told him that I got down as well and that I thought he was attractive too. Then we went out on a (weird) date. Point is, that music gave him away...I even told him that was how I knew...

6. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    By virtue of the theme of the site, many of us don't immediately set off other peoples' gaydars when we walk or talk. But we're not completely knuckle dragging Neanderthals either. What is a character or personal trait of yours that might lead someone to think you're gay? It's usually something that you probably wouldn't immediately mention when you're hanging around a bunch of straight dudes. Obviously it's based on stereotypes. I'm sure straight men could list some of the same things. It's just fun. Anyway, the first thing that comes to mind is some of the shows I enjoy watching. I'm the type of dude who enjoys Scandal, Charmed, and Sailor Moon. I'm sure people who know me could probably point out other things as well.

7. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Chasing DL dudes was exciting at first then it just got frustrating and wasted a lot of valuable time...the dating equivalent to eating empty calories.

8. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I would say that I wasn't into girls. Here I am 16 and starting to get hair on my chest and chin. My voice started to get deeper and I was coming out of that awkward looking stage. Everyone and I mean Everyone around me was dating, having sex, some even had baby mamas or daddies. My ass was into damn Power Rangers, sci-fi/fantasy, and soap operas. Yeah, I know. Huge red flag.

9. cypher21

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Lol wow that must've hurt! Yeah I don't actually say stuff like that I usually just nod or say yeah too. I recently had this super awkward conversation with the drummer of my church one Sunday after service where he kept commenting on how fine some of the girls were and how he would do this and that if they were older (the girls are high school age, he might be in his mid twenties) and he kept nudging me and egging me on for validation I guess but I was like..:whut: Can we not in the church please Tyga!?! LOL! I didn't know what to say, I just laughed nervously and excused myself from the conversation. I literally just walked away. Haha

10. questforknowledge

Bae Material Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Yea I hear you man, if it's a guy that I know for sure is gay/bi then yea I'll definitely do it like if im in a gay club or bar for instance. But outside of that for the most part when I see guys like that giving me those signs I'm pretty sure if I asked they would deny it so I don't even bother. Most guys who behave like that are on the DL so it's not worth looking into.

SB3, acessential, ControlledXaos and 2 others dapped this.
  11. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    God, did we leave any man behind? lol

12. acessential

Daps Received:
    Shit, I still like Sailor Moon. I was watching that shit this week. And that Mariah gif is all the evidence I need, bruh. lol

cypher21, Jdudre, Dr. Strange and 2 others dapped this.
  13. Artistic Arsonist

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Even then, you said more than I ever did. I would just say yeah and smirk before changing the topic lol.

I think the biggest red flag is having little to no interest in women. Never a comment, a crush, or anything like that. At least, that's how I was. As for kids, an early sign is when, while shopping, they only appear to be interested in toys and the men's underwear department. One time, I was staring so hard, I walked directly into a huge sign! Everybody who saw started laughing lol.

#6 Artistic Arsonist, Dec 14, 2015
    TheEdge, acessential, grownman and 2 others dapped this.
  14. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    The stuff ya'll said about poilite dudes has messed me up a few times too.I be like HOLD UP If you straight, you need to let me know right now cause I'm makin a fool outta myself.
    [​IMG]

15. acessential

Daps Received:
    When did this turn into a cupcaking thread?

16. sekou

sekou I be Jamaican
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Hmmm.... lemi think..... generally i work off of vibe (energy) . But otherwise there are subtle mannerisms that I use to guage gayness.

1. the look is in their eyes. - just watch their eyes man, if a dude is down low, he knows how to cop a look on an unsuspecting prey. just follow their eye movements, they just might be looking at you. happened to me at the supermarket whilst hanging out with my sisters, random dude they were interested in walks by. They begin their stalking process, and after several passes in multiple aisle, I tell them don't bother wasting their time. The dude is gay, he has been looking at me every time we passed him lol. They sigh because the next time they caught the look.

2. Their friends on facebook/ interests... If they have allot of muscular dude friends or even better gay friends .... yup they are gay

3. Their walk, That dude has a walk conscious or subconsciously the attracts dudes..... like damnnnn that dude knows what he is doing.

4. They smile at other dudes allot....... for random reasons, as many times as they can cop. ....... Like pleasee :]]]]]] get the hint.

5. They use their hands to dramatize a point ... or even more subtly when they think they are not being watched and their gay guard is down, their hands contort into some free (gay ) motions that you just laugh and say yup.

6. They have an unusual piercing

7.they are unusually touchy with you, especially at the gym.........

8. Finally ... if you are a dude and I dont know you personally, and you add me on facebook. .... like 3...2....1.. insta dm. or one bag of likes on my pics .......

#52 sekou, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    grownman, Jaa, acessential and 1 other person dapped this.
  17. cypher21

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I'm not certain if this was mentioned already but another thing about myself I just thought of is being soft-spoken. I sometimes get asked to repeat myself sometimes (comes from shyness/meekness)...I've heard people say that's a sign.

18. Desh92

Desh92 Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I think you never really know.

19. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    This is exactly what I was going to say. I feel like any guy who somewhat takes care of themselves and care about how they look is suspect. I also had a conversation with my cousin one time about calling women b*tches and black people calling each other the N word and I offered my opinion on both and at the end he said, and I quote, "that's gay".
    image.gif

"Tha fuck"

20. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    When you're in the "hood", if a guy walks passed you, you look back and he's still staring at you in a checking-you-out way, that's very suspect. I had a few guys who are well known hood n****s in my neighborhood do that to me over the years or so.