Fallout 4 Hype?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Technology' started by cypher21, Nov 8, 2015.

1. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    No one has mentioned it yet and with its release imminent I was wondering if anyone was excited/getting the game? I've never played any of the fallout games, but have heard so many great things about in the interwebs so I knew I had to give it a shot.

Plus they apparently are allowing same sex romances with any companion so that will interesting....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hmmm:jawalrus:.....real interesting.....lol

If your planning on getting the game and/or are familiar with it, what S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats are you starting with and why? Male or Female? So many decisions!!!

#1 cypher21, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Yeah the hype is off the charts for this one. I'm not that fond of these types of large sandbox open world explorer games. I would mind playing. Does anyone know if its similar to Half Life?

cypher21 dapped this.
  3. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I'm interested but don't have a current-gen console or a capable PC. Maybe I'll pick one up next year if Deus Ex and Mirror's Edge don't disappoint. Charisma is useful since it's sometimes needed for certain dialogue choices. I always pick male characters when it's an option in an RPG.

@ockydub, it's not similar to Half-Life. Even the sci-fi setting is very different. It's retro-futuristic, a future taken from the imagination of someone living in the 1950's. And it's a big, sprawling adventure that would take dozens of hours to fully play assuming you're not skipping all the dialogue and go through most of the meatier side content. If you're not engaged my open-world exploring, this probably won't change your mind. Level design is often lacking in open-world games compared to linear ones, though they tend to offer impressive world design and atmosphere in exchange. Sadly, who knows when or even if we'll get a Half-Life 3, though I think I'd actually be more excited by a Portal 3.

cypher21 dapped this.
  4. cypher21

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Great points @Jaa, couldn't have said it better! I usually don't like big open world games that you just play around in too @ockydub...I like more linear narrative styles like half-life, but I do like RPGs and games that allow you to tailor your experience and gameplay style to such a great degree so that's why I'll give it a chance..I just hope the side quests are interesting and the content is worth the time lol! I'll definitely try starting with decent charisma too thanks Jaa!

Jaa dapped this.
  5. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I will say that Fallout's areas feel a bit more varied than those in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls games. Skyrim's dungeons were a slight improvement but Oblivion's often felt randomly generated, like a bunch of squares and rectangles pasted together with four different color palettes. (Never played Morrowind, which seems to be many's favorite.) You could say the same thing for some of Fallout 3's subway areas, but the numerous small towns and other locations often had unique appearances, feels and backgrounds.

Mass Effect 2 & 3 seem to have come the closest to joining tighter linear levels with RPG decision making, but they often feel more like shooters with lots of dialogue and optional awkward flirting and sex scenes rather than RPGs with tighter levels. I think they're fun and welcomed the simplification of some of the first's RPG mechanics. Looking through menus and inventory management can be tiring.

cypher21 dapped this.
  6. redsai84

redsai84 For the night is dark and full of terrors.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    ya I've played them all and plan on getting fall out 4 this weekend maybe Friday.

cypher21 dapped this.
  7. cypher21

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    image.jpeg

What do you guys think? Did as much as I could, made him a shade darker after this tho

8. redsai84

redsai84 For the night is dark and full of terrors.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    nice how you like the game so far?

9. cypher21

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Not very lol Met my bae Preston (see above lol), got some power armor, death claw destroyed me you now noob stuff! Haha!

redsai84 dapped this.