FAT FAT FAT

Discussion in 'Food and Diet' started by thane, Aug 11, 2018.

1. thane

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Vegan trigger warning.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Unknown

2kdbanner.jpg

2 Keto Dudes - Ketogenic Lifestyle Podcast
    I knew about Ketogenic diets. In college I had learned that before anti-seizure meds were developed, Keto had been and is still used to help control epilepsy of all things. It turns out that when the body burned Ketones, a natural process...it seems to calm the mind. So people had lived their entire life never eating carbs, and were totally healthy, no elevated risks of heart disease, nada... So despite my learned fear of dietary fats and the erroneous belief that our vascular system responds to fat the same was as our home plumbing did, when I found these guys I began to listen.

Their Keto formula is simple its based on the idea that dietary Fat is good for you. Your body craves it. If you want to lose weight and keep spiking insulin levels under control you need to limit carbs/sugars since they are the same thing. Keep your carbs at or below 20grams a day, don't over eat protein, and learn to love fat.

The only thing more remarkable than how easy it is to lose weight on this diet, is how easy it is to control weight. When I say I my weight is like it was in my mid 20's its not because after losing 30pds of fat I've been steady at 165pds every morning on the scale for the past two year, its because I don't do anything to keep it there. I eat as much as I can or want. My appetite is under control, it is effortless...unbelievably easy. Something more amazing, as the fat weight fell off I watched my lean mass stayed the same. I did not lose muscle mass, the old "for every pound of fat you lose a pound of muscle" is only true for a caloric restriction diet and keto is not about restricting calories.

To those who believe the Keto diet is unsustainable because you can't eat potatoes, bread, or beer i would point out that when you bake a potato all the "fixing" you put on the potato are what you really want, its the sour cream, the butter, bacon bits etc.....that's what's your body really craves so that's the only part I eat. I never met anyone who just eats a potato....yuck...yes dry nasty carbs that alone are only edible if you are a starving Irish man. So pour a nice scotch, make a martini, and throw a Boston Butt pork steak on the grill.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, buy the cheapest fattiest hamburger meat, ribs (sans sauces),bacon, splurge on a roast, and don't eat veggies that grow underground (they store starches)! Cauliflower, broccoli, avocados, nuts, almonds, pecans...if you are a foodie its a learning curve but not a very steep one. The forums in the link below have tons of incredible recipes, it doesn't have to be boring and they are not selling anything. There is no company trying to make money off of you, just people sharing what has be a revelation for them.

Ketogenic Forums

bacon-1024x754.jpg nakedburger.jpeg
    ....we have canine teeth for a reason folks.....

SB3, Winston Smith and Apollo dapped this.
  2. Apollo

Apollo Enemy of the Status Quo

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Sounds Similar to Atkins diet. I've been slacking lately with my diet. But when I was on top of it. I usually made a lot of grilled chicken. I tried to go a little easy on the read meat or processed meats. Most of the carbs came from the vegetables. And you need to be careful with salad dressing and other sauces. They can be loaded with sugar. Rice is also a no-go on a lot of low-carb diets

I usually gave myself one cheat day a week for when I would go out with friends or a date. It worked pretty well along with going to the gym.

SB3 and Winston Smith dapped this.
  3. thane

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Dr. Atkins original diet was modified to eliminate fat because, of what turns out to be a incorrect belief, dietary cholesterol clogs arteries. I did Atkins years ago and you can def lose weight on a high protein diet, but many people found it difficult to maintain, and I found it made me weak, even dizzy at times from low energy levels. Keto is closer to Dr. Atkins original diet, not the version that was popularized. Keto is all about the fat, not dry lean meats, not protein. It takes at least 3 days to go burn thru your bodies glycogen stores and switch into Ketosis and it take even longer if your body is not "fat adapted" . You can tell you're in because of the weight loss and increase energy levels. Think that fog you get when you splurge on creme filled doughnuts or some sugar or pasta load, even low carb burning diets keep you in a low grade version of that all the time. When you go keto it that fog clears and you can really tell....If I went on about the benefits you would dismiss me a crazy.... But I give you one ironclad example: your body uses dietary fat to produce testosterone and the increase in serum testosterone levels from a Keto diet are measurable and demonstrable. I wouldn't have believed it, and neither did my two ex-fat brother in-laws (down 60pds, and 85 pds respectively) ............. but Keto makes you really, really, horny.....I know it has really stepped up my game.

SB3 and Winston Smith dapped this.
  4. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    My body responds to Paleo. Paleo / Atkins / Keto all revolve around the same thing: no unnecessary sugars (including natural ones), starches, or processed food.

I’ve mentioned this documentary in other threads. Lack of traditional “keto” diets is why many blacks and native Americans develop high blood sugar and diabetes due to post-imperialism diets foisted on us by slavery and genocide

Good Meat | Vision Maker Media

And of course, the Massai people of Africa whose diet is entirely animal based ( god help them when PETA and “civilization” start fucking with them)
    The Maasai keep healthy despite a high-fat diet

SB3 dapped this.
  5. thane

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Obesity looks it be a rare condition for the Masai.
    Masai3jumping.jpeg MasaiCricketWarriors.jpeg MasaiKenyarhino.jpeg

.......but we have a proper Dunkin Donuts lobbied food pyramid to follow, what could we learn from mere.....savages?
    faimly guy.jpeg BigBlackdudes.jpeg

Winston Smith dapped this.
  6. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    As a side note, if you’re going to eat meat, eat meat. If not just go vegan. Avoid those those high sodium “meat substitutes”. I finally tried the Impossible Burger, just for shits and giggles and it turned out to be mostly for shits. Let’s use the word “explosive”. Even one of those black bean burgers usually has 50 - 60 percent of one days allowance of sodium compared to almost no sodium in regular meat (until seasoned).

Meats, despite the PETA hype, are usually easily digestible if they’re of good quality and prep. Most “substitutes” are in salts, sugars, or starches and you’re better off with just veggies if you’re doing meatless.

thane dapped this.
  7. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Ive been doing this all summer and can attest to its benefits. I slacked off the past month (but still learned to keep my sugar/ carb intake super low) but am getting back on it. It definitely helps you think clearer and the weight loss is definitely an ego booster.

thane and SB3 dapped this.