Best Posts in Thread: Gay Guys React To Racist Grindr Profiles!

1. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I don't want anybody who doesn't want me either. In my experience, white gay guys don't like black men, so I usually don't even bother hitting them up first. I would date a white guy if we were compatible, but I'm not going to "chase" them like so many men of color do. They aspire to be with a white guy and I think that's sad.

It's racist if you completely exclude an entire group of people based on race. Think about why they're excluding them. It's because in their mind, there's a character or physical trait that they dislike about the group and immediately apply it to everyone in the group without giving attention to how everyone is different. That's one of the classical definitions of racism.

BlackOnyx1, Jdudre, Dante and 5 others dapped this.
  2. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Those Grindr profiles are hilarious. LOL I'm so done with this topic, my dude. The older I get, the less of a half a f$%k I give. a few years ago, this used to bother me to no end, not because I was getting rejected by white guys (I never went after them) but because the whole racist undertone bothered me. But now, at 38yo, Im just like dude, get over it. Muhf#$kaz are ALWAYS going to be racist and/or have {racist} "preferences" on all sides of the spectrum. It makes for good, entertaining convo, but for this to be an issue (in the words of Funky Dineva)..."Chlye Cheese". Its too many beautiful men of ALL ethnicities out there to be sweatin' a handful of douches.

3. Michael

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Derek Zulanders Center For Kids Who Cant Read Good
    Hmmm. I've noticed that it seems acceptable for black men to "stick to their own kind", but let someone mention they don't like black men all hell breaks loose. I do understand that people have preferences, but if you are completely shutting out an entire race then that isn't a preference. It's a standard that you adhere to and in that case it might not be racist, but something suspect is going on. In my opinion anyway

BlackOnyx1, SB3, Nigerian Prince and 3 others dapped this.
  4. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I do agree that black gay people need to be united. We just disagree on what united means and how to get there. That doesn't come from a place of hatred we just have different view points and perspectives. From my vantage point, if black gay people are to be united we must ask ourselves why so many of us want to accepted and loved by people who don't love us so badly, whether that is white gays, the church or mosque, or black straight people? With white gay men I just don't see the point in trying to get them to love us. They are still white people and like many (not all white people) they were raised to think they're better than us so trying to get them to date us is not going to break down the system that tells them they are "superior." We should endeavor to love ourselves, value ourselves, value our beauty first, and not beg the white man to take pity on us. We've been doing that for centuries as black people and where has it gotten us? We as a group need to take pride in who we are, respect ourselves first, demand the respect we deserve, and not worry bout what white men think.

Tyroc, BlackOnyx1, Jdudre and 2 others dapped this.
  5. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I wonder the same thing why are black gay men so concerned about what white gays think? Why are black gay men so desperate for sexual validation from white men? Just because a white man won't date you or f**k you doesn't make him a racist I couldn't care less if white men find me attractive. I happen to find white men to be repulsive. Does that mean I hate white people? No, I just don't want to date them or have sex with them. Finally gay white men are still white men so you shouldn't be surprised if they are racist. They've been indoctrinated to believe in their own superiority just like straight white men so why would even want to be with someone like that. Black men need to love themselves first and stop caring what white men think.

6. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I have always said that I have no problem with dating guys who are not black but I just don't think that they are checking for black guys, that's been my experience and since I give priority to black guys, this hasn't been something that kept me from socializing or dating.

The white and white passing people in this clip know good and gawt damnned well if most black dudes approached them, they would reject them. If it were another sample of white men, I'd probably believe they would be fine with dating (not just sex but actually building a relationship with a non white male) but just not this set. I just did not get that these guys would be interested in learn about non white culture as that's going to be a part of dating someone with a different racial make up.

Now let's be real here. 80 percent of guys on hook up sites are looking for sex, not dates and relationships so if you only want to have sex, I'm OK with you eliminating early on. As was said by Urkel in the clip, he likes big d!x so let him have his preference. It's sex. Just because two people are horny at the same time doesn't mean one of them should be forced to have sex with the other when they are not even into or attracted to them.

Things like this highlight to me how affluent white gays are always about inclusion and acceptance but draw the line at race when it comes to them being in relationships and sex. I have said it before and I'll do it again, non people of color have the burden of showing that they are not into dating people of color because of a fantasy or fetishism. No POC wants to be a pet project to prove someone is "down with the people."

BlackOnyx1, Jdudre, cypher21 and 2 others dapped this.
  7. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Here is an example of what i am saying. You happen to find WHITE MEN REPULSIVE. You are creating an exclusion based on skin color. When addressing racism no one is looking for validation from white people. Do we address the current race issue with the KKK, white supremacy groups, GOP, Racist Cops, and many other because we as blacks are looking for validation from white america??? I do believe you are speaking from a place of personal bias towards white gay men. I do agree that black men do need to love themselves more, however black people face higher amount of racism from their own kind than any other race, i mean look at the boxer that just came out. I am sure he knew he will get more hate from his fellow black people and TRUST black people and black gays did not fail at doing so. Speaking from my own personal experience, growing up in Nigeria then leaving, the most hate i have gotten for my sexuality have been from black people. So why would i want to dwell in a community that is so hateful despite my skin color?

8. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Umm yeah... gay people are hurt so they hurt others. I am in school now and I see men that are black, white, indian, latino and I think they are all fine. I have become much more open. While I do prefer the darker hue, I still find men from all races attractive.

Jdudre, Dante, SB3 and 1 other person dapped this.
  9. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I block more Asians than the Great wall of China. :banderas: