Gay Pastor Admits He Lied About the Slur on His Whole Foods Cake

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by cuspofbeauty, May 16, 2016.

1. cuspofbeauty

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Not looking
    [​IMG]

The gay pastor who sued Whole Foods last month for allegedly writing a homophobic slur on a cake admitted Monday that he actually lied about the whole thing, and now he's really sorry, KEYE TV reports.

On Monday, Pastor Jordan Brown dropped the lawsuit, apologizing for "perpetuating" the story and saying that Whole Foods "did nothing wrong."

While Brown did not clearly explain how the words "Love Wins F*g" ended up on top of his Whole Food cake, he did admit to "diverting attention from real issues" and apologized to the LGBT community as well as to his partner, family, church, and attorney.

Toward the end of April, Brown's claim that an Austin, Texas, Whole Foods store added the homophobic slur to his personalized cake went viral. He filed a lawsuit against the company, but Whole Foods wasn't having it.

The company immediately fired back, posting surveillance footage that suggested the pastor did a little self-decorating on the cake once he got home and countersued for $100,000 in damages.

Now that Brown has come clean and offered up a heartfelt apology, Whole Foods hasopted to drop charges against him and his cake slur hoax.

"We're very pleased that the truth has come to light," Whole Foods said in a statement. "Given Mr. Brown's apology and public admission that his story was a complete fabrication, we see no reason to move forward with our countersuit to defend the integrity of our brand and team members."

MegamanX, Winston Smith and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    1. Whole Foods is not who you want to come for, especially regarding diversify.

2. "Gee, thanks." as now people will use this as a way to say gays are "the devil."

He has lost all credibility. What is wrong with this dude?

MegamanX, alton, ColumbusGuy and 3 others dapped this.
  3. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yeah, we know the usual suspects will use it as an excuse to say, see we told you they're not right, but there are examples of this kind of pathological fibbing among all groups. From tea parties to black folk making up racial incidents on campuses (as if there's not enough REAL racist crap to deal with), I don't know why people like this feel the need to lie to make a point (at best) or for the narcissistic attention (at worse). Kudos to WF for taking the high road, they had every right to defend their brand name and sue him into oblivion for fraud and defamation. Reason No. 1,379,468 why I hate preachers...

Forgot he was partnered. How'd you like to be hooked up legally to that mess? If I was his partner, I'd be creeping out like Key did on Peele in their gay marriage sketch! Lol

cuspofbeauty dapped this.
  4. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Y'all didn't tell me he was black though :ravetho:

[​IMG]

Winston Smith and cuspofbeauty dapped this.
  5. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Oh lawd...[string of expletives not suitable in a commentary block]. Now I have to reexamine my assumptions and prejudices because all this time I had this image of the pastor being a twinkish, skinny, bearded white guy with glasses (I guess my stereotypes are a little too specific).

After listening to the latest podcast and the back-and-forth on dating, I think we need to add police checks and urinalysis results to those dating apps. I'd hate to be the other guy whose friends see this dude and go, "hey, ain't that YOUR bae?"

Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  6. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    So you just assumed he was a white guy right? hmmmmm.

*OK until I saw the guy's pic shortly after the accusation, when I first heard the story I assumed he was white too. I wonder why? Was it the Whole Foods part? Gay Pastor. I am not sure.

#6 ColumbusGuy, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
    Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  7. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    HELL YEAH,
    'Cause you know us big, strong masc dudes only buy our stuff at GNC (places container of Whole Foods Brand Artisanal Gluten and Cruelty Free Almond Protein Powder back on shelf when one is looking)

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  8. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    'cruelty free' lol