Ghana and other West Africa Travel

Discussion in 'Travel and Vacation Destinations' started by mojoreece, Oct 7, 2015.

1. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    In 2011, I was able to take a travel to Ghana and briefly to Burkina Faso for a study abroad trip. It was my 1st trip out of the country and 1st trip to an African nation. I was able to travel to many cities Accra, Tamale, Cape Coast and Ouagadougou. It was a very unique experience being African American going to an African country. It was really hard seeing the slave dungeons at Elmina Castle. I learned a lot about the culture and had an overall great experience. Hopefully I can revisit in the future. Has anybody else been to Ghana, Burkina Faso or another West African country; what was your experience?

[​IMG]

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  2. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I wrote my thesis on nuclear security, particularly the security of Highly Enriched Uranium HEU and that led me to take a trip to Niger in North Africa, which is so different from North Africa. Like you, I was forever changed being an "African American" in Africa. To digress a little, I put African American in quotes because I generally refer to myself as Black American because its hard for African Americans to find a connection to Africa but back to my point, I learned more in my 4 weeks in Niger about HEU then I could have ever learned reading books and reports. I think as a Foreign Service Officer I will make Africa my region of choice....I don't know why I have such a connection to the continent but I do, I am excited to explore opportunities to live and work in Africa.

Nigerian Prince and mojoreece dapped this.
  3. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I am a Nigerian so I been back to Nigeria 3 times lol. I do hope to visit Ghana and some other West African countries in the future.

mojoreece dapped this.
  4. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    How is Nigeria? What part are you/your family from? I would like to go there one day. In 2012, I had a Nigerian co-worked who visited the country with is family but could not leave for a couple of days because the government grounded all flights for a boko haram threat. Are the still a problem for Nigeria?