Gordon was Robbed: NBA Slam Dunk Contest

Discussion in 'Sports and Athletes' started by OckyDub, Feb 14, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married

The NBA had one of the most memorable dunk contests in years. After a mediocre preliminary round that featured disappointing performances from Andre Drummond and Will Barton, defending champion Zach LaVine and Magic forward Aaron Gordon dueled for eight total dunks -- two each to break the tie after the first two -- to elevate the event to instant classic status.

Both contestants had dunks that no one had seen before. The final round alone was better than the entire event has been most years.

After using it for a great first round dunk, Gordon brought back the Magic's mascot, Stuff, which was riding a hover board. This time he didn't jump over him. He grabbed the ball from the spinning mascot and went for a 360.

Everyone was expecting a power forward like Gordon to struggle to be as theatrical or flashy as most guards are, but he proved us all wrong by combining his otherworldly athleticism with plenty of flare.

After that fantastic dunk, he upped the ante. He jumped over Stuff again, like he did in the first round, but this time he went up so high he could go under his legs before dunking.

Any other year Gordon would have won on those two dunks, but LaVine stood in his way. After getting a perfect score on his first dunk of the final round, he combined grace and power in his second one, going for a windmill from the free throw line, a dunk no one but him could land.

With that dunk Lavine tied the score and the two contestants had to go two more rounds before LaVine emerged victorious on this dunk:

grownman dapped this.
  2. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I don't even watch basketball much and I was impressed. I was looking for a trampoline in the clip where he jumps over the mascot.

3. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Damn! You beat me to it. I was going to post this. But, Shaq was wrong to give him that 9. I especially wanted to see Gordon since he was rep for Orlando.

4. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    NBA Players disagree with the Lavine win

NBA players disagree with slam dunk champion selection

OckyDub dapped this.