Guns

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by BlackguyExecutive, Oct 29, 2018.

1. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    My husband and I were home recently, back in Tampa Bay, Florida area and we both decided to get our concealed carry weapons and gun permit. This is what we discovered. The state of Florida issues more CWP than any other state and right now, roughly 10% of the state or 2.1 million Floridians are permitted to conceal carry. Even though my husband and I are both veterans we elected to take the firearms safety course (veterans do not have to take the safety course, and our applications are expedited.)

I logged onto Groupon and found a couples training course online for $35. We took 3 hours of our Saturday morning to join a packed class. When we arrived, we both were in total shock. The course was 80% women, and of those women, half of them were black women. Most of the women cited safety as the main reason, but a few of the women were talking about the growing racial threats in the community. What I immediately thought about the Southern Poverty Law Center reports I read on a weekly basis talking about the increasing radicalization of the right and far right in the United States. More and more people are choosing to become armed in this era.

Are we preparing for a race war? Should black, brown, and other minority groups start to seek self-protection? Should Liberals embrace the Second Amendment? Are we sitting ducks in these "gun free zone"?

So after the three-hour class, we received a certificate which cleared us to proceed with the permit application. We went and got our fingerprints and background check and submitted our applications. $150 later and about 35 days later we were both issued CWP that we will have to renew in 7 years. That simple. That permit is also reciprocal in 35 states.

What are your thoughts gents?

[​IMG]

The Racist Origin of the Second Amendment and the Rise of Black Gun Ownership

#1 BlackguyExecutive, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  2. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Actually, I thought you had received weapons (firearms) training in the USCG, but I’m not familiar with their set up.

I’m not going to wade into the politics. As a former gun owner and someone who helped conduct rifle and pistol training in the military (my weapon ribbons are stored somewhere with all my other useless shit), I think lawful citizens, especially black folk, should know how to responsibly use and store firearms even if they don’t chose to own them, for knowledge and safety sake (just like everyone should know how to swim and perform CPR).

The one thing I will say on America’s psychotic devotion to guns (it’s actially a major religion in the US) is that owning a firearm doesn’t prevent the UN black helicopters or Deep State of single-digit IQ imaginations. Plenty of Iraqis and Germans in the 30s owned guns and that didn’t prevent Saddam Hussein or Hitler from dictatorial rule...

mojoreece and BlackguyExecutive dapped this.
  3. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Oh for sure. I received lots of firearms and weapons training in the Coast Guard. I took the course as a refresher and to mainly learn about the dos and don'ts. Although it was entirely unnecessary for us to take the course. The state of Florida grants all veterans a pass on safety no matter how long ago you served.

I agree I will never fully understand the pro 2A arguments about protecting from Tyranny. Until we are issued predator drones, we can hang up overthrowing the government.

Winston Smith dapped this.
  4. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Oh ok. I don’t know about the pass for veterans on safety training. I mean, it was an annual evolution when I was in and it is very much a use-it-lose-it skill. So, I wouldn’t give a pass to anyone except currently active police or active duty military or National Guard (these groups should be receiving training as part of current duties). The army posts when I was in regularly had weapons situations and it wasn’t uncommon to enter an Army base in the Middle East with a sign reading “XX NUMBER OF DAYS SINCE LAST NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE”. So, no pass for vets, imho.

Even with all my training, I almost had a Dick Cheney moment in Iraq. Luckily, I had a USMC Sgt Major who corrected me on why there is no such thing as an “accidental shooting” it’s ALWAYS a “negligent discharge” (or worse) as someone failed to properly control their weapon (as he put it, an accidental shooting would involve a gun that was not touched by human hands and went off by itself. I agree). It’s why I don’t own one now. Even with all my training, I realized the best of us can still fuck up. You might walk away from a car accident, very less likely so with a gun “accident”....