Gwinnett cop jailed after underage Grindr sex

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Nov 13, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]
    Michael Lomax resigned ahead of being fired after his arrest about 2 p.m. at his home in Stone Mountain, according to the AJC. Lomax, facing charges of aggravated child molestation and sodomy, is being held in the Gwinnett County Detention Center.

Police said Lomax met the teen on Grindr and performed oral sex on him. The victim's mother later discovered what happened, according to the Gwinnett Daily Post.

The victim’s mother reported the incident to Lilburn police, and the investigation was turned over to Gwinnett police, who took out an arrest warrant for the jailer.

Gwinnett deputies went to arrest Lomax with help from the DeKalb County Police Department in Stone Mountain at about 2 p.m. Lomax was taken to the Gwinnett jail, where he resigned instead of being fired, according to the sheriff’s office. Lomax worked for two years at the jail.

Gwinnett Sheriff Butch Conway said he's glad to see Lomax in jail. Via WSB:

“While I am extremely disappointed in the actions of Michael Lomax and glad to see him behind bars, I am also alarmed that minors can access social media apps of this nature and utilize them to meet strangers,” said Gwinnett County Sheriff Butch Conway. “It’s a good idea for parents to be aware of the social media apps on their kids’ phones and this is a good example of why that’s important.”

Terms of service for Grindr, which bills itself as the world's largest gay social network app, requires users to be 18 and older.

Lomax isn't the first Gwinnett jailer to be jailed on allegations of inappropriate gay sex. Dennis Day was arrested and fired from his job at the jail in 2015 after allegations that he groped three male inmates. In 2014, lesbian jailed Lisa Ziglar was arrested on charges of sexual assault for allegedly exchanging "intimate touching" with a female inmate.

In February 2012, Duone Clark resigned from the Gwinnett sheriff's office after allegations that he sexually assaulted a transgender inmate. The inmate, Kricket Evans, filed a federal lawsuit over the incidents.

2. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    "Terms of service for Grindr, which bills itself as the world's largest gay social network app, requires users to be 18 and older."

I can't but wonder what the kid looked like.

3. jpo

jpo
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    What's going on at this jail - and with a sheriff named Butch?

4. RolandG

Bae Material Squad Leader The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    so you gone be one of them people that say if they look legal then it's ok? Or they were on there trapping these older men? Not saying I disagree with you but just wondering if that's why you're asking.

5. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    What is the recourse of deception? There is no way in HELL I would have done something like this at 13 or even thought about it. If the 13 yr old looked like Lamar Odom on a dating app that's for those 18 and older, then what.

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  6. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I would think it's safe to assume that one is 18+ on these apps but...

1. Some of these high school kids looks like they are 23. Tatted, tall, and muscled sitting up in Mrs. Hutchinson's Geometry class.

2. Some of these high school kids are not sexually innocent.

However the burden is on the adult in these situations.

How did mom find this out? She went through phone im guessing?