Gym Shade

Discussion in 'Gym and Workouts' started by Nick Delmacy, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    About to hit the gym consistently again but I gotta see all the unfunny memes from Gym Rats making fun of ppl crowding the gym to work out as a New Year's Resolution...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

True, they've been going all year, but why come most of them don't look like it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I say we stop making fun of ppl trying to better themselves and instead we encourage each other to not eat whole pizzas in one sitting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DC., OhSheit, Jdudre and 3 others dapped this.
  2. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I know I been needing to get it together. I might have to join a Planet Fitness when I get back to ATL next year.

For those who are personal trainers and gym owners, they are about to make a killing off of those who will join and sign a contract. Then they will keep getting $$$ from people who stop going but are still on a contract to pay.

#2 Nigerian Prince, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    DC. dapped this.
  3. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Some of gym shade is white/black bougie privilege/first world problems. In extreme urban or rural areas, people don't have the luxury or proximity to a gym. If you're working class and black in a city like Chicago, just waiting on a bus is a danger let alone trying to travel/bike/run in a war zone. Poor whites in Appalachia near where I grew up may not even have access to fancy gyms (or for that matter, even decent medical clinics) so they don't get the privilege of paying for unused gym memberships like all the precious yuppie snowflakes in big cities. I'm reminded of this old Doonesbury cartoon about Jane Fonda's patronizing elitist ass trying to lecture a black cleaning lady about exercise:

[​IMG]

Just encourage good diet and people to do whatever they can when they can. Everyone doesn't have access to gyms or ability to PAY for exercise programs ( I don't have that excuse, we have a brand new one in the building I work in and it's totally free); but everyone, rich or poor, has the ability to put the fork of cheesecake down.

ColumbusGuy, Jdudre and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  4. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I don't mind the "new" people who want to better themselves.

*I do mind the new people hogging the equipment while in a state of confusion while simultaneously texting or socializing with the 3 other noobs they came with.

*The ones who asks you a million questions as if you're a personal trainer because somehow a fitness magazine or the internet is foreign to them.

*The ridiculously thirsty women and gay dudes who seem they are more interested in catching a man then working out.

Also I notice the crowd doesn't really get thick until around February.

5. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I love this one...

[​IMG]

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  6. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    This is normally the time of year that I take a break from my workout routine and allow the "New Years Resolutionaries" their 1.5 months to crowd in, turn up, and then die out but....I'ma have to eat my hat this comin' year because I've slacked off soooo long now that I'M gonna be one of the Resolutionary Crowd (I plan on stickin' with it tho).

7. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I just realize that the serious working out ain't coming until I buy the house and can put my own shit in the basement. I want to be able to work out with Sevendust and Judas Priest blasting loud and not need headphones. I started hating the sharing workout equipment/lockers/showers thing in the military. I want a pool in the backyard too but need to live where I can't get sued for some fucker breaking into my yard, trespassing and drowning in the pool (the stupid ass "attractive nuisance doctrine" as ambulance chasing lawyers and judges call it).

ColumbusGuy, ControlledXaos and OckyDub dapped this.
  8. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    My problem is diet and consistency. I'm finally able to get consistency down this last month. Allergies, colds and things kept me in spurts and never able to make progress these last couple of months. Now I things are going well. So put me in "the look the same" box... For now.

I like seeing people improve but I do think people should read and YouTube before going into the gym as well as having a plan when they are there. I have a plan. I follow it. Log my stuff and get out.

Winston Smith dapped this.
  9. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    It takes a long time to do damage to your body and health. One should also expect becoming fit/healthy again to take some time. Patience is a commodity nowadays.

I joined a nice small focused gym in October and the first 6 weeks I was trying so hard to lose all of the weight(40 lbs to be exact) only to realize that It doesn't work like that. As karma has it, for the first 6 weeks I lost 0...yes, 0 pounds.

that made me rethink of exercising and eating home cooked and healthy foods not as an activity that will end next summer, but as a new lifestyle and a way of life forwards. Getting into that mindset and building that foundation usually take longer than a year.

Winston Smith dapped this.
  10. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]

I HATE THIS PIC!

Clearly, I need to let it go and get on w my life, but I can't help it...

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  11. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I'm ashamed to admit that when I first saw it, I was like "Luther did a Pizza Hut commercial back in the day?"

ColumbusGuy, SB3 and OckyDub dapped this.
  12. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    A lot of gyms don't have contracts now. Just set up fees so you can quit any time you want to or jump ship to a different one.

If you are cheap and feel like putting up with several hard sell sessions, just use every free pass you can before you make a decision on a gym. Make sure you go when you'd normally go when you make the tour and comeback on your way to and from work if you ever think you'd go then because it's a completely different space at 630 pm versus 2 in the afternoon on a Monday.

See if one of your friends will let you join on thier account if it's cheaper than your own and if you feel like you are actually going to pay your half.

13. Nicholan

Nicholan Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Lol, come on--these memes are not discouraging anyone from going to the gym haha. If anything, they are encouraging people to go to the gym and STICK WITH IT.

...and they may not want to eat an entire pizza in one sitting. Lol