Best Posts in Thread: HIV Vigilantes: Disclosing Other People's HIV Status Online

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    And nikkas still wonder why I don't care to be "Out" like these other gaylebrities. There are only 4 or 5 gay ppl I would text or email revealing gay shit to...And there are only 3 gay ppl that I would leave in my home alone without a second thought.

DO NOT TRUST THESE HOES!

ColumbusGuy, @yahoo.com, alton and 3 others dapped this.
  2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    So a well known popular black male gay blogger/vlogger has disclosed someone's HIV status on the internet. I have a few feelings on this issue.

I think regardless of what someone does in their personal space, I don't think it is the job of "HIV Vigilantes" to disclose this information, especially when they have a good amount of online followers, for the entire world. However, if someone I knew was dating someone who I knew for a fact had HIV, I would bring it up to that friend personally, not putting whoever they are dating on blast online.

Many HIV+ people are using the fact that they are "undetectable" as a way to go about saying that they are HIV-. I do not agree with this. I think if you are 'undetectable' just say that. That's not negative. These are different things. And while a person could do this, I don't think that exposing them online as actually positive is helpful.

The vlogger has also included an unedited photo of the HIV+ person's prescription bottle which includes that person's home address. This is dangerous. Who is to stop an angry mob to going to this person's home and throwing Molotov cocktails in the window, nosy folks who to just drop by and watch the place to see who is coming and going, or worse?

I just do not think that exposing people online is helpful. At least not in this way. Hell, I could print up label for any drug under the sun with your name on it with a color laser printer, stick it to a bottle, and take photo and claim that YOU are taking whatever drug I want to say that you are on. This also brings into question that if this is in fact said person's pull bottle, how did the vlogger obtain the photo? Rummaging through the trash? Going to someone's medicine cabinet (which by the way, isn't where you want to keep your rx pills anyway)? There's a lot here and with the way people don't vet things, they just run with it without trying to determine if it is actually true or not, sharing the postings on their own social circles and things just take off.

I don't see the point other than to try to shame people or to come off as 'holier than thou'.

3. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    Well the irony here is that this type of thing is exactly why people who have HIV don't want to tell people. It only feeds the beast so to speak. Then when you tag on the "I'm better than people who have hiv" with it, it makes it worse.

I know plenty of folks who should be happy they didn't pick up "the package" and many, who claim at least, to not have really been on Hoe Mode but still have low body counts but did get the delivery.

Being HIV- Doesn't make one better than HIV+ people.

NikR, SB3, Tyroc and 2 others dapped this.
  4. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Regarding medicine cabinet searching...

One time we suspected that an individual was searching the cabinet(no meds in it anyway) and snooping. So we had people over and secretly filled the cabinet with marbles(very difficult to do). Well when he eventually went in there we waited and yes, we heard the roar of marbles pouring out into the vanity sink!lol. He stormed out of the bathroom and right out of the house as we laughed and explained what happened to everyone.

I had heard about this and decided to actually try it- and it worked. The person was very angry but eventually got over it and could laugh about it later.

grownman, NikR, SB3 and 2 others dapped this.
  5. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Too late...the damage has been done.

6. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I find this so hilarious when he goes in on Walter's face. LMAO

7. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Being HIV- Doesn't make one better than HIV+ people.[/QUOTE]

SB3, Tyroc, ControlledXaos and 1 other person dapped this.
  8. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    :ufdup::ooh::mjlol::heh:

See... This is something my ain't shit a$$ would do. Lolol

SB3, Tyroc, alton and 1 other person dapped this.