I Heart You - Songs

Discussion in 'Dating and Relationships' started by Omega Level, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    My Love.jpg

No pleasure goes into me seeing any "heteronormative" pictures of gay weddings that come equipped with flowers, tiered cakes, "bride" maids and groom mens, flower girls, matching colors, etc.

Hell, even when I see actual heterosexual couples do it in such an old school format, its just lame to me. I personally feel its nothing wrong with professing your love, but why do it in such an antiquated way? Why not in a way thats more modern and original? Thats just my opinion.

However, I will admit that a good love song will always stand the test of time. Some can even soften the hardest heart because there just that good.

Personally I doubt if I would ever do a professing of love in a big public ceremony. However, behind closed doors, a night out, or trip with my special dude I can admit if certain songs were played, I would probably lose it with a bit of emotion. (im not made of stone here) LOL.

The two that would send me over the edge are below,

Do you have any love songs that would make you give in?

Originally by Elvis Presley, but I love this Twenty One Pilots acoustic cover.

Franky and TheEdge dapped this.
  2. TheEdge

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Ok this song gets me every time .. especially coming from an album which had some a lot of emotionally sad song

Troye Sivan - for him.

Omega Level dapped this.
  3. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    ANY love song by Sade.

Omega Level dapped this.
  4. DFW Brutha

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
  5. Franky

Franky Dreamer by day, Dreamer by night

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I, too, really like the song "I can't help falling in love with you". However, my preference is for the version by UB40.

Omega Level dapped this.
  6. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Damn, forgot probably my ultimate one...

7. Piye

Piye Lurker

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    [​IMG]

My first reaction was to get on my Russ vibes. Sappy love songs? Matching outfits? Weddings? Damn that's gay af. Then I said, wait.... I'm....ok nevermind. So I relaxed on all that after I realized, mid-reaction, the absurdity of my own thoughts and that I could apply RW's meme to myself. But give me some credit fellas. At least I realized it. Remember, growth is process.

Let me start with my usual disclaimer. AS A MORE MATURE BROTHER (euphemistic reference used for anyone over 40 because I vehemently reject any characterization as "old" unless we clowning), my views on many things were shaped in a different era. During my path to adulthood there was essentially a zero tolerance policy regarding even the appearance of, let alone an understanding or embracing of feminine attributes in men. The consequences of violation could be severe. This rigidity shaped my own views which similarly tend to reflect tradtional and arguably archaic perspectives on masculinity. I am generally uncomfortable with and recoil against demonstrating behavior that could be cosidered soft or emfemminate. Before you decide to posse up and drop squad me, I want you to know (1) I pack heat and (2) I have somewhat evolved from my knuckle dragging past. Where I used to be agnostic about gay marriage and adoption rights, I now openly support both, even around my straight bros (when admittedly it is a rare instance the topic comes up). Also, I watch Modern Family and may, or may not, have watched Pose. Ikr, look at me growing again.

With that said, back to the questions at hand about wedding ceremonies and sap..er..love songs. I can't think of a single mf on this planet today that could convice me to wed, either in public or private. For many reasons that's just not for me. Then again, I'm not in a relationship. But I have had my nose open before. I do know what it's like when certain people can get you to do things you normally wouldn't do. And before you ask, no, I will not expound on that point. For others considering such ceremonies, I definitely support you. When it comes to love songs, many of them form the soundtrack of my younger years. Some tracks recall memories of firsts (crushes on, kissing, fingering and fvcking females). Others trigger crotch tightening thoughts ranging from hot freak sessions to longer term relations with somebody I actually cared about (both female and male). I even listen to slow songs on my phone. That is of course unless someone asks what I'm listening to or to see my phone. In such cases, I deftly switch to a Kendrick, Gucci Mane or ole school Rakim cut in order curve any suspect side eye. For me love songs are particularly evocative when it comes to emotion. Privately, in the squad room zone of secrecy, I will admit legends like Whitney, Patti Luther as well as newcomers like Daniel Caeser, Khalid, Sza and Ella Mae are personal favorites. In fact, if you could see me in my car or shower, this is me:

[​IMG]

These balladeers and countless others produced a body of work with almost infinite choices depending on how the lyrics speak to you and your current situation. Oddly enough, although love songs can evoke emotions, I don't look to songs to convey my emotions. When it comes to a love interest I've never been the mix tape type. When it was over, I never reminisced musically about the person. My musical memories are tied to more so to situations than they are to indivudals. Clearly though if someone held a gun to my head I could make a selection. In this shotgun wedding song scenario, If I Aint Got You (Alicia Keys), Love of My Life (Brian McKnight) and Spend My Life With You (Eric Benet and Tamia) are strong contenders. I know what you thinking: "Damn n*gga, why you aint just say that 5 pages ago. Well, let me tell you sumpn Linda. Cuz I didnt. And its my mfkn thread comment. How bow dat?