I'm On DL Hughley's Team in Regards to Trump and Harvey

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Jan 15, 2017.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
  2. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    This might be true but from a pragmatic view point Donald Trump will be president ( I had to pinch my self lol). So we should at least try to get his ear NOW before he getting into office to talk about issues and present plans and strategies on what will help black folk.

Steve Harvey should of brung with him 3-4 policy scholars with him such as:
    • Ron Sullivan jr (Harvard Law Prof and Director, Criminal Justice Institute at Harvard)
    • Dr Julius Wilson (Black Harvard sociologist)
    • Angela Glover Blackwell (Founder of PolicyLink),
    • A HBCU president
    Bring ppl who study the issues and already have the answers.
    Just sayin F-U is not a pragmatic approach to move forward.

3. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    You ever see them movies or shows where people make a deal with the devil or a demon and you looking at the screen like, "you know damn well, your wish is gonna come with an evil demented twist."?
    u in danger.png
    Pragmatically speaking, if you ever think White Supremacy is gonna work with or for you and for the "issue that you bring to the table"...then yeah...good luck with that.

4. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Yeah but what else is there to do. Unless we move to Ghana that has its own problems what else is there to do? Protesting is great but you have to have policy to back it up. We can at least try. (Sigh) hopefully......maybe this is just a nightmare we havent woke from lol cpnoway:khart1::yeshrug:

Jdudre dapped this.
  5. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Focus and work towards 2020 and beyond vs attempting to work with white supremacy lead by a fraud con man. This man and his cabinet have shown their true colors. They aren't lying to you.

ColumbusGuy, ControlledXaos and Jdudre dapped this.
  6. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    This isn't a movie it's really life. I think it's important for us to understand that this is what it is and we have to figure out how to work this out. I am not saying kiss his ass but we have to make sure we have some say in this.

ColumbusGuy and Winston Smith dapped this.
  7. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    What you said was exactly what I thought when I first saw this.

mojoreece dapped this.
  8. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    These here comments are examples of how abusive relationship exits....AND further proof how Repubs stay winning and Dems stay losing while attempting to maintain a faux moral "kumbaya" high ground.

The mindset that needs to exist for a person of color to want to work with an organization that won by racism and fear is beyond troubling. We are in this current state because of that mindset. At what point do you try something different? I know, how about work with people that want to work with you?

Trump is and has been a billionaire and has been rubbing elbows with Black celebs for decades. If he wanted to do anything to help the Black community, he would have done so already, not magically because he is president.

:snoop:

alton and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  9. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Funny, when I was driving out of town a couple days ago a local black attorney, was saying the same thing as you on his radio show. He normally does real estate and probate law but pointed out the silliness of chastising Steve Harvey and not having a plan other than obfuscation. We have to stop being emotional. For example, Warren Buffet was a Hillary supporter, but I'm sure he didn't turn back all the money his portfolio made off the market bump that came after the election. Notice how quick all those corporate heads went from Hillarys corner to marching up to Trump Tower like Dorothy et al to the Wizard in the Enerald Palace?

10. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    If we were talking about Mitt Romney...then yeah.

But work with him how exactly? How will he get his Alt-Right followers to work with or in the Black community? This "we need to work with him" bit, to me sounds just as fishy as when they say, "we will repeal and replace ObamaCare."...with what exactly? Their "Urban Inner City" plan is absent just like their ObamaCare replacement.

I was listening to NPR today and listening to a professor discuss the art of distraction. Trump is a master at it and the proof is the response to his daily tweets and weekly photo ops with celebs.

I have known the name Trump my whole life. Name one thing he has done for the Black community in 40 yrs?

We all know who Bill Gates is...his track record on philanthropy specifically in Black schools is public record.

ControlledXaos and mojoreece dapped this.
  11. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Where did I say "work with him"? I won't belabor the point as I'm really tired of politics in 2017, as are many squad members and lurkers I'm sure and they don't really come to CA for all that, as Nick has pointed out. Just to say that obfuscation is not a plan.

Just OPPOSING someone is not equal to PROPOSING. So black folk under Trump will have nothing but empty complaints, just like angry white folk under Obama had nothing but emotional complaints (and birther fantasies). When I critique Trump it's not out of partisanship, it's just like the old Beatles song, "Revolution," which pretty much sums up how I feel about Obama, Trump, Sanders, Al Sharpton, Rush Limbaugh, Van Jones, Ann Coulter or ANYONE:

"We'd all love to see the plan."

But unlike the chorus of that song, it's not gonna be alright, 'cause in America in the 21st Century, there's never a plan...just whining, social media and talk radio, regardless of race...

#11 Winston Smith, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Jdudre dapped this.
  12. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Thought this was timely...

In 1964, Malcolm X said: "The first thing the (white racist) does when he comes in power, he takes all the Negro leaders and invites them for coffee. To show that he's all right. And those Uncle Toms can't pass up the coffee. They come away from the coffee table telling you and me that this man is all right." excerpt from his speech, "The Ballot or The Bullet"

13. Aejae

Aejae Socially Awkward Aejae
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Y'all new president called black people "lazy." He's been cancelled.